New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    now i get it na....thanks for explaining that to me. this thread is really helping me a lot.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Is it fair to blame the diesel fuel? I notice that most of the Innova owner's don't have this problem like Innova_Boy were using the same fuel and he got his Innova much earlier than me.I think the fault is wd Toyota maybe coz of the High demand Quality control suffers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ko alam kung natanong na to. Pano yung mga oil companies na nag aadvertise ng mga "clean diesels" like Petron, Shell, may bago pa sa Uni-oil, clean diesel din. Hindi pa ba enough yun para sa mga crdi or its just a marketing ploy?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    maybe both. but we wont know that for sure. mahirap ma-test kasi kung talaga pure clean diesel or propaganda lang ito eh....

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by edzzz
    di ko alam kung natanong na to. Pano yung mga oil companies na nag aadvertise ng mga "clean diesels" like Petron, Shell, may bago pa sa Uni-oil, clean diesel din. Hindi pa ba enough yun para sa mga crdi or its just a marketing ploy?

Basta ang alam ko Shell comply wd our law (clean air act) i think mas advance pa nga sila. sa pagkakaalam ko Shell and Petron is Euro2 compliant na or Higher pa.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    With today's diesel prices, the fuel giants should, at least, add some quality to our diesel fuel! Do they think every diesel vehicle in the RP is a jeepney? Are they that stooopid?
    Maybe not, but the government does think that way. I.e.:
    Jeepney drivers/operators = voters
    CRDi owners = voters
    Jeepney drivers/operators > CRDi owners.

Quote Originally Posted by diesoline
    imo, most of the problems faced by diesel users here have mostly to do with water contamination. i don't think that sulfur content is the main culprit of the perceived dirty diesel. it think the problem lies in the combination of water and fuel that is combusted together.

imagine 50 cc of water that infiltrated the fuel tank. the 50cc of water may have come from many avenues. the condensation inside the fuel tank that naturally happens everytime we park our cars for the night; the humid atmospheric air that enters the fuel tank everytime we open the fuel cap; water pumped along with the fuel from the service station. imagine that 50cc of water sloshing about in 40 liters of diesel inside the fuel tank when the vehicle is in motion. that translates into a lot of dissolved water in the diesel.

just think of it this way: kunwari you have a wok of very hot oil. if you sprinkle a little water on it di ba umuusok at tumitilamsik? that happens because the small drop of water vaporizes instantly because of the heat. the small drop water expands suddenly and converts into a huge amount of steam. imagine that reaction concentrated in the nozzle tips of the injection system and repeated many times over. eventually, the tolerances go way off, fuel is not combusted properly, smoke belching occurs and problems become imminent.
    FYI, a combination of water and fuel combusting isn't possible because water (vapor) is a byproduct of combustion. The water simply won't burn because it can't. If the amount of water isn't large enough to displace enough fuel and/or air, the combustion will still take place, but it'll be a smaller fire.

What water does affect is the properties of the fuel itself (lubricity, boiling point, freezing point, corrosiveness et. al.). The fuel was designed to have specific properties that will work best in a diesel fuel system/engine, and water contamination changes those properties. If there's enough water to change the fuel enough, your fuel will become "out of spec" and will start damaging your fuel system. In countries where they have winter, fuel in the summer is different from fuel in the winter.

P.S. the same also applies to your engine's cooling system. Theoretically, water is still the best coolant if you're only talking about cooling. But if you don't want your coolant to rust out your radiator, or freeze in the winter, et al. you add coolant/antifreeze to change the water's properties.

Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM
    Yes its true may refinery dto ang Petron & Shell sa Pinas (the latter is in Batangas). and i'm pretty sure they are operating that will rival international standards. so the shady part is how are those fuel transferred to distributors and how clean are the tanks of those retailers.
    Ditto.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Phil. Diesel -> not CRDi ready?