New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    I’ve spoken to a few Service Managers in independent garages, most of them advised to stick to the OEM ATF fluid if you are doing a refill or dialysis. I said it shouldn't matter as long as the ATF is rated as specified in the manual. They replied that from experience, it is better to stick to OEM fluid as they have had cases where they changed the ATF to a different brand and The AT started behaving differently, causing the customer to complain. That’s why I stick to factory fluid when it comes time to change ATF in my cars.

My theory is that the formulas of different brand’s ATFs is slightly different, especially in terms of friction modifiers, which is critical in a traditional AT. Changing brands changes the shift feel of your AT from what you were used to...leading to complaints even if the AT is shifting fine, just differently.
    which atf does your car asks for?

ano kaya mga sasakyan ang nag cocomplain? j have a feeling mali lng talaga nilalagay ng ibang shops when there was still no internet... walang reference to proper fluid for that car thats missing their owners manuals.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post

ano kaya mga sasakyan ang nag cocomplain? j have a feeling mali lng talaga nilalagay ng ibang shops when there was still no internet... walang reference to proper fluid for that car thats missing their owners manuals.
    Don’t know what kind of cars had issues, but I decided to take their advice...can’t go wrong w OEM lubricants. So my Ford uses Motorcraft Mercon V and my Kia uses Zic XP-III. My Toyota still hasn’t had its ATF changed as casa says Toyota ATF WS is a lifetime oil...still might change at 40k km though. My Honda is new so haven’t thought about ATF change yet.
    Last edited by diehard; February 3rd, 2019 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Don’t know what kind of cars had issues, but I decided to take their advice...can’t go wrong w OEM lubricants. So my Ford uses Motorcraft Mercon V and my Kia uses Zic XP-III. My Toyota still hasn’t had its ATF changed as casa says Toyota ATF WS is a lifetime oil...still might change at 40k km though. My Honda is new so haven’t thought about ATF change yet.
    oem.. there are varieties ng mercon, for example mercon lv and mercon v are not interchangeable. malas mo if the idiot mechanic isnt updated. you can still go wrong with oem.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Wow!!! it is nice to know that toyota atf is a lifetime oil. what makes this oil indestructible? sana isuzu atf are of same quality.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    oem.. there are varieties ng mercon, for example mercon lv and mercon v are not interchangeable. malas mo if the idiot mechanic isnt updated. you can still go wrong with oem.
    Yes, that is why I buy the oil myself from Lightning Automotive (they specialize in Ford/Chevy/FCA parts) and make sure it is Mercon V. What I mean is that as long as you use the correct OEM ATF your tranny is less likely to act up or feel different after a fluid change.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    Wow!!! it is nice to know that toyota atf is a lifetime oil. what makes this oil indestructible? sana isuzu atf are of same quality.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk
    I have my doubts about any oil labeled as “lifetime fill”. In the US, Toyota vehicles that use WS are lifetime fill except if vehicle is used for towing, in which case they recommend changing at 60k miles. Since trannys are sealed, main culprit for ATF degradation is heat...interminable Metro Manila stop and go traffic makes your tranny run hot because of constant gear changes and prolonged idling time.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Basing by PDS ay hindi nagkakalayo ang spec ng Rev-X All Terrain na Group 3 vs Group 4

REV-X TURBO HTP
    REV-X ALL-TERRAIN

May stock pa kasi ako nung Group 3 good for around a year or two kaya naging curious ako

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    Basing by PDS ay hindi nagkakalayo ang spec ng Rev-X All Terrain na Group 3 vs Group 4

REV-X TURBO HTP
    REV-X ALL-TERRAIN

May stock pa kasi ako nung Group 3 good for around a year or two kaya naging curious ako
    i doubt na pao yan. 200c as flashpoint is the same as the grp3. compared to mitasu pao 216C, even motuls 300v na grp5 ester 250c.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Anyone have feedback on Petron HTP oils? They have Blaze Racing 0w40 HTP and Rev X Turbo 5w40 HTP fully synthetic oils. HTP stands for High Temperature Protection. What’s interesting about these oils is that they are supposedly made with Group IV PAO (polyalphaolefin) base oil. Same stuff that Mobil 1 uses. Most “Fully Synthetic” oils are actually Group III base oils made from highly refined crude oil that approaches performance level of PAO oils.
    scouting online marketplaces pegs it at around php240 which is cheap

10. Join Date
    Feb 2019

scouting online marketplaces pegs it at around php240 which is cheap Xender Discord Omegle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12