New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A Flying V station would soon open near our place (a first in the city). Never been a fan of "small players".

For diesel, I'm quite satisfied with the Petron Diesel Max but I'm intrigue with biodiesel. Would you recommend the shift to this?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    A Flying V station would soon open near our place (a first in the city). Never been a fan of "small players".

For diesel, I'm quite satisfied with the Petron Diesel Max but I'm intrigue with biodiesel. Would you recommend the shift to this?
    FYI, all diesel sold at the pumps, whether from the Big 3 or small oil players, are already blended with 1% biodiesel as mandated by the Biofuels Law.

That said, I have been using Flying V's biodiesel for the past 3 years, switching from Petron's Diesel Max. Personally, I choose Flying V simply because they were already selling biodiesel even before the Biofuels Act was signed into law.

Last year, I had a full tank of Flying V's biodiesel on a trip from Antipolo to Subic. I was able to achieve more than 14.28 kms/liter, under full load conditions, with traffic pa yun sa San Fernando. On the return trip, I loaded up on Petron Diesel Max. It only gave me 12.3 kms/liter, considering that traffic conditions were better and I had a lighter load.

Nagpa-full tank ako sa Flying V last Saturday prior to an out of town trip yesterday. From Antipolo to Manaoag, Pangasinan, I have a new personal best of 15.58 km/liter, again under full load conditions. And my tank was just a little below 1/4 empty. :thumbup:
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 6th, 2008 at 01:14 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    nowadays marami na ang nagpapagas sa small players (flying V, seaoil etc) aside from mas mura ng P1 ang product nila okay din sa makina. Eversince sa seaoil or flying V na ang binibili kong diesel.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    In my observation hiyangan lang rin. Petron D-max (already blended with 1% biodiesel) for me for one reason - less usok but with matching OEM air filter – a significant factor. I tried Flying V biodiesel premium and Seaoil Bioxceed diesels years ago – they were the first pump stations that patronized selling of CME (Coco Methyl Ester) additives. Petron next with Bioactive then lastly, Shell and Caltex when the biofuel act was finally implemented so all are said to be blended with 1% BD.

When I tried my own experimentation then I opted to use the same brand of oil like Rimula X or Helix Diesel Super when I’m loading Shell Diesoline Ultra, Delo Gold Multigrade when I go for Caltex Pure diesel and Castrol GTX Diesel matching Seaoil and Flying V.

No question about the mileage, it’s all the same at 12-14 kms/li on city and greater once nilabas ko ng MM - depende sa layo.

BTW my oil being used now is Rev X-Trekker so matched din. Same smoothness with Helix Diesel and Diesoline Ultra combination at a lesser cost, mas mura kasi ang Rev X-Trekker at nagagamit ko pa SM Advantage card sa Petron.
    Last edited by XTO; October 6th, 2008 at 06:45 PM.

Petron Diesel Max o Flying V biodiesel