New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pipol, can i have feedback on this oil brand. the store advised me that this is the latest product of Per'tua (also produced oil additive) and has a semi-synthetic grading.... thanks in advance ;)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    walang kwenta yan. Its not the same as its original blend. Naging selfish yung si jun simon siguro, ang inventor ng pertua. Used to make a difference, in fact, we did lab tests using petron's laboratory on engine oil life, and it did extend it, vs engines that did not have pertua. But later on, we noticed the expected effects were not the same. Good thing we kept a bottle of the original blend. Di na pareho.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bottle? Doesn't the Per'tua oil treatment come in cans?

mga sirs...nabangit ko pala ito sa misis ko...kilala kasi personally ng uncle nya si jun simon...

ang sabi nya kasi si jun simon,ang inventor, nainis sa ating philippine goverment..minaliit siya..pinagtawanan..

he's in the US since november 2003 or 2002..and he sold the name PER'TUA to someone else...for less than a million.binibenta nga sa isang uncle ng wife ko,pero di nun binili kay sa iba tuloy napunta...

my thought are kaya siguro nagiba na ang blend, kasi iba na ang owner ng PER'TUA brand di na si jun simon...

sir altec,sorry pero kasi naoffened wife and uncle nya sa kwento ko,e...kaya eto sinasabi ko na ung talagang story...

before,personally nagdidiliver si jun simon ng per'tua products nya..latest nya is the fuel treatment....pero since he's in the US, wala na ding stock uncle nya ng PER'TUA... by-the-box siya kung bumili personally kay jun simon..pero ngayon wala na..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ghost, yup, mea culpa, its green colored can, in fact, when I was still getting it.

Yummy, sayang talaga yang pertua. I can vouch for it. Di nga alam ng petron. Just told them I wanted to see how many hours does their oils last based on scientific test results rather than relying on kilometers or # of hours. We tested it on our 5 units forklifts. 3 with, 2 without. They claim dapat every 200 hours mag change oil. So we sent oil samples to petron laboratory for testing at 150 hours, 200, 250, and 300. Coded samples. Ang results pa nga 2 of 3 with pertua, still good at 300 hours. The other 1, marami na metal substances, pero we concluded na malapit na yung makina, may noticed back pressure. The 2 other units control? There was a noticed oil degradation by 250 and 300 hours. That's why Jun Simon should feel bad. But he should also feel bad that his formula has been tampered with.

di na kasi din nakakapag usap sila ng uncle ng wife ko..kaya wala na din stock ng PER'TUA sa kanila...noon direct kasi kaya masmura nila nakuha..siguro sasabihin nalang nila pag nakapagusap nila ulit,e...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    on the engine oil side sir.... meron na po bang nag-try ng "semi-synthetic oil" daw nila? so it seems that on the additive side, nagbago na ang quality nila?:question:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I first used Pertua oil additive back in 1995 cuz my Dad got can for free. Our 1989 Nissan Sentra 1.3 SLX sudden sprang to life. I also started using it in our 1994 Toyota Corolla GLi when it was out of warranty up to the present. I always try to convince myself that its just a placebo effect but it really seems to work. Gas mileage objectively increases, better acceleration, etc. I once had an oil change in the car dealer without pertua & it actually felt heavy right after a new oil change! I the change is more noticeable with old cars. My 94 Corolla can outsprint my 03 CRV without really trying. Seeing is believing. I was able to buy a can of the additive for P 450 at Robinson's Handyman in Festival Mall Alabang. I bought a can for P 300 in a car parts dealer along the SLEX east service road near Caltex Merville.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used it in my car... no effect.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I used Per'tua recently, and my Avanza G A/T's engine is now quieter. And, it seems, has become more efficient in FUEL consumption.

Last year, when we went to Subic, my Avanza's FE (fuel efficiency) was at 12km/liter only. We took NLEX + SCTEX then. Top speed was 145kph for 2 seconds, sustained top speed was 120kph for several seconds at a time, average speed was about 80kph all the way. But I blamed the traffic at NLEX entry point and the turtle truck going uphill in Subic, both on the way back, for the dismal FE figure.

A few days ago, (a week after I added Per'tua at oil change) my ascent to San Fernando, La Union gave me a 14.5km/liter FE. I was overjoyed, to say the least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Per'tua engine oil....