New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi guys,
    ask ko lng po kung para saan at anu ang advantages at disadvantages ng mga ito:

1. Change Stock Cam Gear with a Adjustable aftermarket 1, they say may additional Gain ka dito?
    2. Lighten the Flywheel.. <= no idea about this one...

current setup is I/H/E upgrade pa lng, additional gain ang balak ko for my 1.3 engine

and also, counted ba toh na naModify mo na ang Engine mo? and also, is this Bang-for-the-Buck?

Thanks po!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mackkcam View Post
    Hi guys,
    ask ko lng po kung para saan at anu ang advantages at disadvantages ng mga ito:

1. Change Stock Cam Gear with a Adjustable aftermarket 1, they say may additional Gain ka dito?
    2. Lighten the Flywheel.. <= no idea about this one...

current setup is I/H/E upgrade pa lng, additional gain ang balak ko for my 1.3 engine

and also, counted ba toh na naModify mo na ang Engine mo? and also, is this Bang-for-the-Buck?

Thanks po!!
    Adjustable cam gear would help tune your engine's valves openning and closing time but generally it would just shift your power/torque peak curve earlier or later in the RPM range.

Lightened flywheel would help your engine to accelerate in the RPM range. Downside, it would make your engine stall much much easier. To counter this, you will have to rev up your engine before engaging the clutch if your car is not moving.

Personally, you are wasting your money if you are spending all that cash on a 1.3L engine. I would suggest you to upgrade to a D16 1.6L or B16 1.6L or even to a 2.0L engine before doing any of those mods because the best your modified 1.3L could do would still be less than a stock 1.6L can do.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 13th, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    adjustable cam gears allow several degrees of positive and negative timing adjustments that stock camgears can't.

purpose is just for optimal tuning of your engine.

-------------

A lighter than stock flywheel (made of aluminum or chrome-alloy steel) will make your engine rev higher faster... so u get better response and acceleration...

But there's a trade off... the engine can easily bog down when u let off the gas.

------------

the more u make ur engine racing-racing, the less daily-driveable it becomes.
    Last edited by uls; June 13th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Personally, you are wasting your money if you are spending all that cash on a 1.3L engine. I would suggest you to upgrade to a D16 1.6L or B16 1.6L or even to a 2.0L engine before doing any of those mods because the best your modified 1.3L could do would still be less than a stock 1.6L can do.
    +1 here... theres no point of upgrading that 1.3 engine kung kaya ka naman talunin ng b16a (SiR) on stock.

but hey, thats your car...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sayang pera on the 1.3 engine imo. just buy a d15 and install that. more power pa agad.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    not to be mistaken, hehe di naman po ako magppurchase nyan, pero baka ung cam gear lng, ung fly wheel, P&P, not po!! sorry if I got you wrongs mga peeps, maybe antay ko na lng i lend down na lng sa akin ung hatch ng Ninong ko.

not racing racing type naman, pero medyo may adrenalin rush naman hehe, and performance type naman ang habol... anyways, thanks for your inputs!!!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    don't waste your money na imo. just enjoy the 1.3 engine for what it is... frugal.

para san ang aftermarket parts na toh?