New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hi guys! i just bought recently a 1999 Pajero GDi V6 3.5 A/T, japan version. theres a slight problem when i bought it.
    - high idle up to 2,000rpm
    - intermittent stalling when shifting, with a/c turned on.
    - 4WD blinking.
    - unusual emission odor.

after some repairs, the following was done:
    - clean throttle body & idle air control valve.
    - oil change, tune-up, replaced 6pcs spark plugs with denso "iridium tough"
    - replaced the free-wheel valve switch for the 4X4.
    - some brakes check, atf change and gear oil change.

after doing the said above things, the idle was good even with a/c turned on. the problem is, when shifting to "D" or "R" the engine sometimes stalls or sometimes when approaching signals or turning left or right or stopping with the "D" engage, the rpm will go down to 400rpm then it stalls.

any inputs or comments will be highly appreciated, please help me!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gertrude View Post
    hi guys! i just bought recently a 1999 Pajero GDi V6 3.5 A/T, japan version. theres a slight problem when i bought it.
    - high idle up to 2,000rpm
    - intermittent stalling when shifting, with a/c turned on.
    - 4WD blinking.
    - unusual emission odor.

after some repairs, the following was done:
    - clean throttle body & idle air control valve.
    - oil change, tune-up, replaced 6pcs spark plugs with denso "iridium tough"
    - replaced the free-wheel valve switch for the 4X4.
    - some brakes check, atf change and gear oil change.

after doing the said above things, the idle was good even with a/c turned on. the problem is, when shifting to "D" or "R" the engine sometimes stalls or sometimes when approaching signals or turning left or right or stopping with the "D" engage, the rpm will go down to 400rpm then it stalls.

any inputs or comments will be highly appreciated, please help me!
    sir not entirely sure pero one reason is baka your GDI pajero doesn't like our ethanol mixed fuel. try loading up with blaze assuming wala pa syang ethanol content and see if it cures your problems.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    looks like you got a tranny problem (blinking 4wd), maybe a problem with your torque converter. to nail it, you need a transmission scan.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sir any updates? musta na po yun pajero gdi nyo?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    still the same, there no problem with regards sa tranny and fuel, im gonna try to bring it to mr. joseph atutubo sa paranaque. he's the one recomended by PCP eh. lets see if whats he's gonna find.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    hi Sir, kumusta na pajero nyo, I just bought same car Pajero GDI 3500V6 and im also having the same problem, fuel consumption is also very high almost 5km/liter, acceleration is also not verygood, barely reach 100km/hr. You mentioned Mr. Joseph Atutubo, was he able to solve the problem of your pajero? I yes I will appreciate it very much if you could share his address. Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Sir, Hows you Pajero? I just bought same unit few months ago, and now Im having the same problem as yours. Fuel consumption is also very high. I read you mentioned Mr. Joseph Atutubo sa paranaque, was he able to solve the issues? If yes I will appreciate it vey much if you could please provide us his address and number, thanks.

PAJERO GDi 3500 V6 - stalling when shifting