New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Guys want to ask about oil consumption of our Toyota Revo. 4500kms and I just added 1L. Trips were mostly highways. Subic, Nueva Vizcaya, La Union. Parang I remember hindi naman siya kumakain ng oil before overhaul. Overhaul was done around 10 months ago. Lahat palit ng original parts except pistons and sleeves. Piston rings, Valve guides and seats were all original. Normal lang kaya ito? Kumusta naman ang oil consumption niyo after overhaul? May mali kaya sa pag-overhaul? Parang wala naman akong napansin na blue smoke. Black smoke lang. Quick starting naman and normal fuel consumption.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Guys want to ask about oil consumption of our Toyota Revo. 4500kms and I just added 1L. Trips were mostly highways. Subic, Nueva Vizcaya, La Union. Parang I remember hindi naman siya kumakain ng oil before overhaul. Overhaul was done around 10 months ago. Lahat palit ng original parts except pistons and sleeves. Piston rings, Valve guides and seats were all original. Normal lang kaya ito? Kumusta naman ang oil consumption niyo after overhaul? May mali kaya sa pag-overhaul? Parang wala naman akong napansin na blue smoke. Black smoke lang. Quick starting naman and normal fuel consumption.
    Normal lang yan sir. Bago pa kasi yung mga piston rings. Baka hindi pa nag s-seat ng maayos. Give it more time. Saka 1L in 4500km? ok na yun for oil consumption. Dun sa manual ng car ko (Honda City GM) naka lagay "It's normal for the engine to consume up to 1 liter of oil per 1000km" FTW! hahahaha!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ok pa yan boss.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    up ko lang ito. umayos ba engine nyo?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    it is normal for a newly overhauled engine to burn a little bit of engine oil like the previous responses. you are supposed to use a lighter grade of oil just like what they use at the assembly plant and don't add anything to the engine oil during break in. the additives will just prolong your break in period. don't accelerate abruptly and avoid high revs until after break in of about 30,000 km. it is safer to be at full level or lower than to have overfilled engine sump for diesels. if it is over serviced with engine oil, there is a big probability the engine will run wild ( runaway engine) until it blows up. the excess oil will get sucked up to the intake and serves as fuel even if you shut the diesel fuel supply off.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Engine oil consumption is affected by many things(type of oil,acceleration,vital parts clearances,internal&external leaks % break in method)

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    As per the type of oil used, the engine will gulp down a multigrade faster than a monograde in general.

Overhauled Diesel Engine Oil Consumption