New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaBeth07 View Post
    hey, Help me out in this confusion!! Is it good to change oil? Will it affect my car's appliances?? Best Thermostat
    change oil... of the car's engine? it is a requirement, po.
    nasa owner's manual ang schedule and oil specifications. best to stay faithful to it.

no, it will not directly affect your car's appliances.
    but if something happens to the engine because of oil issues, then most of those electrical appliances will be affected, because they get their electricity from the alternator that is run by the engine.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    change oil... of the car's engine? it is a requirement, po.
    nasa owner's manual ang schedule and oil specifications. best to stay faithful to it.

no, it will not directly affect your car's appliances.
    but if something happens to the engine because of oil issues, then most of those electrical appliances will be affected, because they get their electricity from the alternator that is run by the engine.
    bot yan doc lol

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bot yan doc lol
    sumbong kita kay cathy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sumbong kita kay cathy.
    let her be doc. he he he

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    let her be doc. he he he
    noted.
    maganda gabi ngayon.
    mukhang a-araw na bukas.
    makapag-laba nga...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Any one using 0w20 or 5w20?
    The Toyota Corolla manual specified both oil, but most of us here either use 5w30 or 5w40.
    (Currently using 5w30 for Altis 2011). Will it be too thin kaya for our conditions here?
    I really would wanna try and go back to what the manual recommends.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I only use regular oil sa Toyota Avanza... basta change oil every 6 months.. mababa naman odo.. Toyota uses 20W50 for regular oil sa gas engines..

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    The Toyota Corolla manual specified both oil, but most of us here either use 5w30 or 5w40.
    (Currently using 5w30 for Altis 2011). Will it be too thin kaya for our conditions here?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Wala kasing 5w20, mas common ang 5w30, 0w20 naman sobrang mahal. 5w30 ako sa 2013 Civic ko.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    IMO. if your car is working perfectly on the current oil you're using, better stick with it.

it's a 10 year old engine... oil seals are not what they used to be.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Sa init dito sa clima natin, di bagay ang 0W-20. I don't use it, even if my manual says its the preferred viscosity.
    Yung manual was written for a "Generic" market, not specifically for a market sa tropics, kaya ang daming translation din, tapos may disclaimer pa for variants in EU or Asian markets.

Hindi naman masisira car mo if you use 0W-20 oil here, but personally, I don't recommend it. Kahit sinthetic pa ayan, ang lightest viscosity sa clima natin should be 5W-30 if your emphasis is more on engine protection rather than increased fuel economy.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast