New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got a "Finer Filter" drop-in air filter kanina. Is this any good? I cant seem to find any reviews on the internet on this OZ filter eh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not so sure but you could try to find similar products made of the same material (i.e. foam, paper, etc) then use it as a point of comparison of for the filtering qualities.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I better subscribe and monitor this thread.

I was supposed to get Mr. Finer Filter last week. Until appoinments got tangled up.

Question: Magkaiba ba ang filtering properties ng K&N compared to Finer Filters?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess slightly different. Finer Filter is an oiled foam filter whereas K&N has an oiled cotton filament. Kakainis coz walang article ako makita.

The price is a-ok though. Drop -in sya. I got mine for Php2,800.00. Considering the orig air filter costs Php1,200+, the finer filter will pay for itself after 10,000kms :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What branch did you purchase yours? I inquired last month for my TD42 engine and it was quoted at P2,400 plus 500 for the oil.

Then I'm thinking what if the oil get sucked in past the foam filter? Will it cause damaged to the engine?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ungas..basta wag mno lang damihan masyado...maykonti akong oil na nakita sa tubo ko na papunta sa engine..malayo pa naman..pero they are sucked in talaga...

and open type nga pala ung akin....

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    What's the diff of Finer Filters and KnN Filters for diesel engines? Which is probably better?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Ive been using finer filter on my 4d56T for almost a year, no encountered problems of anykind.
    Just be sure to follow cleaning schedules religiously youll be fine.
    It is recommended on the instructions that came with it to Clean every 15000 but i clean mine every 5000.
    also dont forget to give it a visual inspection from time to time maybe every 2tk or so just to be sure that it wouldnt dry up (baka daw kasi magpulbos and mahigop ng engine)

in terms of performance own observation ko lang, i felt my engine became more responsive or psychological maybe? well parehong pareho lang ng k&n coz ive also used this before on the same vehicle.
    mas maganda lang ang tunog ng k&n at the same time mas maganda ang price heheh

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    K&N is more expensive
    Finer filter is cheaper
    Performance? basically the same based on my own observation

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    K&N di magpupulbos pag natuyo. Finer filter na foam may possibility pero matagal mga 1 year na tuyo. That happend to my friends car na di ginamit for a year.

as for oil getting sucked in, remember that the breather sa valve cover nakakabit sa intake. kahit paano the engine sucks in oil from the vavle cover. so ok lang yun

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Ok Ba "finer Filter"?