New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi tsikot guys,

I removed my car's engine oil cap and it's spilling oil, parang sinusuka! but there's no white smoke. Also, when I rev the engine, there's this 'typewriter' sound that's really annoying.

A few questions to the more experienced and generous guys like you:

1. What's causing it?
    2. How do I fix it?
    3. How long would it take to fix it?
    4. How much is it gonna cost?
    5. Any friendly talyer you can recommend?

thanks in advance and Mabuhay ang tsikot.com!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why fix something that is not broken? You should be thankful that there is still oil inside your engine. And as long as it does not spew out smoke like your exhaust pipe, you're satisfactory safe. Btw, does that spilling oil happen to be a few dropelts of oil?

1. Engine valves clattering sound metal to metal parts hit.
    2. There's no solution to that. I haven't heard anyone placed a rubber inbetween or even inside the engine.
    3. 2 seconds, just close the engine oil cap back with normal hand torque.
    4. Not a single peso. It's free!
    5. I'm not really sure if you want a mechanic to close it for you.

It is normal to have oils over the cylinder head, engine top parts needs lunrication too. :D
    Last edited by Ungas; January 19th, 2004 at 01:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you loosing oil? Meaning bumababa ba ang oil level mo and you need to regularly top it off.

Do you notice a constant bluish-white smoke from your tail pipe whenever you drive?

If your answer is yes to both, especially to the second question, then you need a top-overhaul.

The "typewriter" noise are probably your valves, you might need valve adjustment.

Cost? Kung valve adjustment lang, mura lang yan, kung top overhaul mahal.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by glenn
    hi tsikot guys,

I removed my car's engine oil cap and it's spilling oil, parang sinusuka! but there's no white smoke. Also, when I rev the engine, there's this 'typewriter' sound that's really annoying.

A few questions to the more experienced and generous guys like you:

1. What's causing it?
    2. How do I fix it?
    3. How long would it take to fix it?
    4. How much is it gonna cost?
    5. Any friendly talyer you can recommend?

thanks in advance and Mabuhay ang tsikot.com!
    Normally, you shouldn't really open the oil cap when the engine is running because motor oil will splatter out. The typewriter sound is just the valves openning/closing. If you dont hear them when you replace your oil cap back on, its probably normal.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as in umaapaw ang oil from the oil filler cap on top of the valve cover???? if that is the case baka may bumara dun sa cylinder head oil drain hole so the oil accumulates on top of the valves. better remove the cylinder head cover and check. BUT if it is just a few drops then thats normal, the valve rockers do that when the engine is running.

the chattering sound is from the valve rockers. when was the last time you had the valve clearance adjusted?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    kung di sya maingay kapag nakasara yung oil cap then there's no need to adjust. if the sound is pronounced even at idle then adjustment may be necessary (pero kung shim type yan di pwede so kelangan palit ka ng parts).

goodluck!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, I'm loosing oil but I don't notice bluish-white smoke, I kept watching out for bluish-white smoke while driving or revving at red lights but all I see are cars behind me ü

yebo, nope, hindi naman umaapaw, parang wisik wisik lang pero malakas din. I've never had my valve clearance adjusted, actually it's a shim type and I've never replaced anything.

ghosthunter, I hear the 'typewriter' sound with or without the oil cap.

Note:
    I've heard or rather read from some posts that shim types can actually be adjusted, don't know,is that true? I even got the number of the mechanic, I'll post it here if you guys want.

thanks guys! and please keep on posting, I'm planning to have it fixed this Saturday.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    up lang po

oil tumatalsik! help!