New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    me too, the distance travel from home to office is 7 kms . I understand low engine operating temp is prone to oil sludge. Given the above situation how often do I REALLY need to change the oil using FC oil ? BTW my total distance traveled in 6 months is only 6k to 8k. (kulang ata sa lakwatsa).
    i would still do an oil change every 5k, but will downgrade to a semi synth oil, para di naman ganung kamahal.
    sa akin, di bale ng gumastos sa change oil intervals kesa sa mamroblema sa makina.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    me too, the distance travel from home to office is 7 kms . I understand low engine operating temp is prone to oil sludge. Given the above situation how often do I REALLY need to change the oil using FC oil ? BTW my total distance traveled in 6 months is only 6k to 8k. (kulang ata sa lakwatsa).
    Teka, what do you mean FC oil? Fully conventional? Less than 5K din ako in 6 mos on my 2002 1.8G altis and anually ako mag oil change using FS (Fully Synthetic).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    50K for an Altis overhaul is pricey unless you overheated the engine and warped the cylinder heads. Do a compression test first to see if you have any busted seals, piston rings causing loose compression. Have the timing chain and tensioners checked too. If need be, you can buy an original overhaul kit (gaskets and the like) from shops like Toyorama, Celica, Aerodymanic, Gant, etc. (Banawe, Aranata Ave, Masangkay or Pasay areas) and these should be reasonable.Have a mechanic first open the engine and drop the oil pan to clean it.

Even if the car is not used often, make it a practice to change the oil once or twice a year. It would save you in the long run and will only cost you 1K+ at your gas station.
    sir may i ask how much to undergo compression test?mine kasi is nagbabawas ng langis..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by hondabishi View Post
    imo mahal ang labor na 18k sir...parang taga sa presyo yan. Nagpa TOH ako dati and if I remember it right wala pa sa 6k labor na binayaran ko. Yung friend ko na naputulan ng timing belt, 15k lang nagastos nya all in...palit valve pa yun.
    With regards sa valve cover, yung buong cover pinalitan? if gasket lang kase like sir sirkosero said...impossible walang oem or replacement nyan...and dapat bnew gamitin kung papalitan.
    sir pwede malaman kung saan shop ka nagpa TOH or repair? yung altis ko kasi grabe magbawas ng oil e.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rommelm View Post
    sir may i ask how much to undergo compression test?mine kasi is nagbabawas ng langis..

when you are losing lube oil that fast, the first thing you will have to check is the PCV system. these are routine maintenance procedures that are often missed and people tend to prescribe overhaul even if it was neglect or derelict maintenance. do the routine procedures first. most shops are hungry for cash even how minor the symptom is, they prescribe the most revenue producing jobs taking advantage of people's ignorance

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rommelm View Post
    sir pwede malaman kung saan shop ka nagpa TOH or repair? yung altis ko kasi grabe magbawas ng oil e.

so you are willing to submit to place your head into an alligator's wide open jaw without proper diagnosis?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi sir,

Any recommended mechanic or shop na expert sa pag dismantle ng ZZ engine? I'm planning to have my altis 1.8G, na pa overhaul due to oil sludge:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by batosai View Post
    Hi sir,

Any recommended mechanic or shop na expert sa pag dismantle ng ZZ engine? I'm planning to have my altis 1.8G, na pa overhaul due to oil sludge:
    If you are near fairview, look for Ryan Marcelo's dadudz autofix. He is the moderator of toyota vios maintenance in FB

Lots of vios owners have their cars serviced and overhauled there and seems he knows his stuff in toyota engines.

Granted yours is an altis, i doubt there are glaring differences in how it is overhauled.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    krudo lang gina gamit kong flushing oil. twice a year ko ginagawa. wala talagang sludge ang sasakyan. di ako naniwala na lulutong ang seals dahil lang sa krudo. halos lahat ng trucking at taxi companies, yan ang ginagawa.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi Sirkosero,

Thanks for your input, I will look for it on FB.. I'm trying to post the picture of my engine so that you can see how bad it looks like, but I cannot post the picture..

Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456