New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I had my old b2200's oil change 5,000 kilometers ago in a shop thinking that everything was ok. I usually change the oil myself, but there are days when I can't. When I was about to change my oil the other day, I found out that the drain plug won't unscrew! I tried everything to take it off but even Bruce Almighty can't help me with this. I suspected that the shop mechanic was the culprit, since I peeled off a thick layer of silicone sealant before I could fit the wrench, and at the turn of the wrench, there was no resistance at all! It just went round and round. Anyway, I brought the truck to a reliable shop and the only solution was to take off the oil pan and try to remove it. They removed the oil pan and tried to pull off the plug, but still it held its ground. I went around to look for some surplus oil pans but there was nothing in all the shops. The solution was to get an old oil pan, cut around the drain plug, as with my oil pan and weld it in place. That's what we did and I am happy with the results (good welder). Guys, never ever take the tiny oil drain plug for granted, make sure that the persons changing your oil know the directions on which to unscrew the plug. (I have noticed that some mechanics tighten bolts then go back to unscrew it,thinking that further tightening a bolt would loosen it, probably this is what happened to my pan). Taking down the oil pan is a lot of work! In my case, they took off part of the steering component and a stabilizer bar(that's a lot of screws!). One advantage of taking off the oil pan though, we were able to wash and flush the engine with oil! When everything was over, I drove home and checked the dipstick, it was as clear as day! I noticed even that my truck seem to have regained its lost hp after 11 years! So, on your next oil change be very vigilant and always remember, it's always the small things that can cause the worse problems.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ibaloi,

thanks for the info.

Sa aming fuego, tatlong tao lang ang pwedeng gumalaw sa makina, ako at yong dalawang mekaniko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice Info!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same thing happened to my corolla before... loose thread na so ganun din welding na lang nung part na yun instead of getting a new oil pan.

Culprit dyan is reusing the washer nung last oil change. Never reuse the washer for the drain bolt kase crush washer yun. designed for one time use only. Pag ginamit ulit yun you would have to tighten it further causing the loose tread to occur.

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Thanks too guys! Everything running fine now, no leaks so far.:D

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    saan po nkakabili ng washer para sa drain plug?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    san po ba may nabibiling washer for the drain plug???

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ma'am,

Try mo sa mga suking auto supply, dala ka lang ng sample. . .

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The trick to seized bolts is by heating real hot,tapos yun dali na tanggalin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Oil pan drain plug mess