New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mga sir alam niyo po ba kung san makakabili nung pantanggal ng oil filter na katulad nung sa shell na gasolinahan, yung parang aluminum cap lang, swak yung oil filter then gamitan lang ng wrench tanggal na agad

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Granting you have a suitable oil filter wrench, how will you dispose the used oil from your vehicle? You could not just dispose that anywhere, such as throwing that into a drainage canal. Otherwise, you will be violating existing environmental laws on waste oil disposal. Suggest you bring your vehicle to the nearest service station to spare the problem of storage and disposal of both used oil and filter.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    Granting you have a suitable oil filter wrench, how will you dispose the used oil from your vehicle? You could not just dispose that anywhere, such as throwing that into a drainage canal. Otherwise, you will be violating existing environmental laws on waste oil disposal. Suggest you bring your vehicle to the nearest service station to spare the problem of storage and disposal of both used oil and filter.
    This is OT.

But allow me to address this simple problem. I occasionally do my own oil changes. When I do, I collect the old crankcase oil and take them to a gas station for disposal.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    This is OT.

But allow me to address this simple problem. I occasionally do my own oil changes. When I do, I collect the old crankcase oil and take them to a gas station for disposal.
    it's my practice too. going back to the topic, sm hardware, ace gardware, handyman etc have different models of oil filter wrench. ive seen one at handyman trinoma, sm hardware-san lazaro, ace sm malls and also concorde stores...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mga sir alam niyo po ba kung san makakabili nung pantanggal ng oil filter na katulad nung sa shell na gasolinahan, yung parang aluminum cap lang, swak yung oil filter then gamitan lang ng wrench tanggal na agad
    well, why not ask them? When you find out papost naman dito :D

Those wrenches that look like handcuffs, from my experience di effective. i usually just skewer the filter with a big screwdriver, then use the screwdriver for leverage...messy though. Kainggit nga ung ibang mekaniko, bigyan mo lang ng malaking screwdriver at sirang fanbelt, kayang tanggalin ung filter.

me nakita akong OF wrench dati sa speedyfix..it had three claws positioned such that the torque from twisting the wrench makes it grip harder. Lookef German and expensive though.

ung OF wrench naman sa S&R, parang belt na me sandpaper...dunno kung effective.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    thanks po sa mga reply, tingin ako mamaya

oil filter wrench