New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hello guys...

question on oil change. strict ba kayo sa pagpalit ng oil every three months (or every 5000 kms)?

kasi i had my last change oil noong march pa. but the thing is, i haven't used my car for the whole two months (goind three na) except for the usual warm up every other day. what will be the effect if i don't change my oil this month?

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't rack up miles on my truck so I base my changes on the mileage.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Using fully synthetic oil, once a year lang ako magpa-change oil. In my case kasi malapit lang ang place of work ko sa residence ko kaya't in a year less than 5000kms lang mileage ko for a year. If you're using mineral based oil kahit pa less than 5000 kms pa lang nabiyahe mo since your last change-oil e magpa-change oil ka na rin every 6 months just to be sure.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I change my oil based on the milage... so every 5000km oil change na.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sabi sa manual - 6 months or 5,000 kms whicever comes first :roll:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you should! that's why its either 5000km or 3 months...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama kayo guys...check the car manual para sa recommended change oil interval

http://www.caltexoils.com/Caltex+Internet/Any+Questions/?fbmenu=true

Q: The recommended oil change period for my car is 10,000 km. However, I only do short trips and it takes me over a year to do this mileage. Should I change my oil before I reach 10,000 kms?

A: Yes the oil should be changed earlier. The reason is that the regular short trips with stops and starts, particularly in cold conditions, is the most severe service that an oil and an engine must withstand. Short trips means that the engine remains relatively cool and so contaminants such as water condensation and unburned fuel can enter the oil sump. Also, the greatest amount of engine wear occurs at cold start-up.

In order to set reasonable oil change periods, the manufacturer quotes both a time and a distance figure and the oil should be changed at whichever comes first.

Q: When should I change my oil?

A: It should be changed before the additives are used up. The vehicle manufacturer will provide guidelines for changing oil based on either mileage or time. This recommendation will be based on field and laboratory tests and will be given in the vehicle manual.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uuuy... nice info.

akala ko kasi marketing strategy lang yun eh. thanks. :D

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ano po ba ang magandang synthetic oil for mitsu galant super saloon?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako, parating before 5000 kms... i consider also the traffic that i go through everyday so exactly ako parati ng 3 months. in three months time kasi, i usually rack up at around 3800-4200 kms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
oil change question