New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Guys,

I am due for an oil change this week and I am thinking of using an oil additive for my MB100. I bought an STP oil additive for diesel engines but I'd like to know first if it will do me any good.

Also, if you are using an oil additive, what brand is best for diesel engines?

Thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most would advise against these (myself included). Changing oil regularly is quite good enough. If you're getting a change oil then maybe flushing (with cheap oil or Caltex Power FLush oil) will be a better alternative... tapos Biodiesel na yan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Vinj,

Thanks for your advise. Actually I am planning to use na lang Mobil 1 Delvac sysnthetic oil and not to use the additive anymore.

I heard a lot about biodiesel dito sa forums natin. Where can I get it? I work in Makati and live in Bulacan. Post me naman contact numbers where I can get biodiesel.

Again, thanks!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wax
    Vinj,

Thanks for your advise. Actually I am planning to use na lang Mobil 1 Delvac sysnthetic oil and not to use the additive anymore.

I heard a lot about biodiesel dito sa forums natin. Where can I get it? I work in Makati and live in Bulacan. Post me naman contact numbers where I can get biodiesel.

Again, thanks!

hi wax, you've got pm

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oil additives for mineral based oils on engines that work hard and runs continous 8 hours a day. With synth based oils, waste of money since they were formulated with additives to keep your engine in tip-top condition.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ungas,

Thanks for your advise. I decided to used synthetic oil for my MB100. I had it serviced this morning and I am quite happy with Mobil 1 Delvac. My engine runs smoother than before. Prior to that, I also used Caltex Power Flush. Quite expensive though but I don't mind spending a bit more if it will benefit my ride.

Great advises guys! Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to add, it's still adviseable to change oil every 5,000km given our hot,humid, and dusty conditions. If you plan to extend the oil drain interval of your engine (i.e. to 10,000km), try to change your oil filter at the 5,000km mark at the least. ;)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Vinj,

I'm planning to extend my drain interval to at least 7K to 8K lang then use fully synth oil ulit. Siguro at 4K palitan ko na filters ko.

Thanks!

Oil additives for diesel engines - Is it good?