New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    No they are not the best in water pump, but they are well known here in Philippines by brand recognition, but they manufacture some bearings also, and universal joints and tie rod end and stabilizer link.

Other brands of water pump such as Aisin, NPW(Nippon Water Pump) and etc... are very expensive therefore no one supplies them here in philippines.
    So ok na gmb water pump or meron ka iba recommend available locally na same price? Sa mga old cars na kailangan timing belt ano advise mo ?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I thank you also for making this debate, so that I can further specify information or narrow it down.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    GMB is good quality naman, because it is OE to Mazda, GM, Hyundai, and Nissan. About timing belts Bando made in Japan, which is packed in a box, this is what my friend told me. Or Gates timing belt. They are both major OE brands. But remember this timing belts have tendency to be aftermarket quality because of the market here in Philippines demand cheap products so Suppliers only supply what majority of the Philippine market wants. Like NWB or Nippon Wiper Blade, they have different kinds of wiper blade quality. Such as NWB Aqua - Is lower quality than OE Stock but it is cheaper made in Malaysia, NWB NR-27 - is better quality wiper blade made in Japan but price is almost double of the NWB aqua.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chookchakchenes View Post
    Di ba ang GMB water pump? and GMB ba the best sa water pump?
    We are shifting to Aisin water pumps since it uses a plastic impeller that doesn't corrode unlike the metal impeller of GMB. Aisin water pump for a Toyota was Php1800 from Riken Masangkay so the price is not so bad.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    I thank you also for making this debate, so that I can further specify information or narrow it down.
    you certainly have a wealth of knowledge... if i may be bold enough to ask... how did you get to know all this?
    are you a user, a dealer, a distributor, or a manufacturer?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I'm just a simple man, I'm just here to answer questions or to give information that most of the people do not know about OEM brands or Good Replacement Japanese brands. I also recommend retail shops that are honest and sell at average price if you canvass.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I always try to find Aisin brand for clutches,pressure plates and even at fluid. Are these replacement parts or oem?

Is it the same manufacturer as the aisin of toyota?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    AISIN world renowned for quality and reliability, AISIN Clutches hold the largest market share of parts supplied and manufactured for Toyota. This technology is incorporated into products supplied to other automakers as Original Equipment. By applying the knowledge and experience derived from OE manufacturing, AISIN Aftermarket parts are of equal quality and reliability.

Like AISIN, Daikin Exedy, FCC and NKK Clutch disk and pressure plate, they have factories around the world. It depends what the Philippine market wants, so the Suppliers follow what PH market wants, Japan brand Clutch disks in the Philippines have two kinds as long as I remember one made in Thailand and one made in Japan. Some brands you can not distinguish if it is made in Japan or made in Thailand. Kelangan mong pakiramdaman yung ugali ng shop and its counter salesman, some auto supplies sell Japan products as Japan, Thailand made products as Thailand and Taiwan products as Taiwan, and some auto supply used dirty tactics to sell to common people(people who is unaware of brands and etc...) Taiwan products as Japan, China products as Japan and etc... Example, One time I was listening to the counter salesman of the "specific" auto supply, one mechanic or customer(dirty in appearance) who is repairing his car ask the counter salesman mechanic(customer): "meron ba kayong ganitong raidiator cap" then the counter salesman took the Kanebo brand and told the customer here this is a Japan made radiator cap, the customer still in doubt asked again to reconfirm if it is Japan, the counter salesman answered "Oo, Japan yan", Mechanic: "Sige bilhin ko na". Bottom line, Kanebo is never a Japan brand nor does Kanebo brand exist in Japan. There are some auto supply retailers you can trust that sell Japan made. The only thing you can do is canvass prices. Just message me the name of the shops you buy from and I will tell you if they are trustworthy or they do monkey business.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    I always try to find Aisin brand for clutches,pressure plates and even at fluid. Are these replacement parts or oem?

Is it the same manufacturer as the aisin of toyota?
    Yes the AISIN you are buying the blue box is the same manufacturer as the one who supplies to Toyota. post-533566-1315498673.jpg

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    post-533566-1316355944.jpg
    This Aisin with made in Japan inscription on the Clutch disc

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
OEM counterpart? (Iwas rebadge at repack sa casa)