New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    generic manual.. oh well..

yes, i also fill up asap when that warning light goes up.
    i also played chicken with the fuel gauge in my earlier years, and i lost. fortunately, the gas station was within walking distance. the real problem was where to place the fuel and bring it to the car..
    Suzuki Ertiga talaga yng manual, it's just yng suggestion lang at safe side na mag gas na.
    Usually nagdadala ako ng empty bottle ng mga mineral water n 5L.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00nman View Post
    Suzuki Ertiga talaga yng manual, it's just yng suggestion lang at safe side na mag gas na.
    Usually nagdadala ako ng empty bottle ng mga mineral water n 5L.
    some gas stations will refuse to sell you gas if you do not have the requisite regulation "official" fuel container.. but... good luck just the same.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some gas stations will refuse to sell you gas if you do not have the requisite regulation "official" fuel container.. but... good luck just the same.
    Should be standard for all stations, but yung iba siyempre ayaw mawalan ng benta just because their customer is using a mineral water bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Thank you guys.

By the way do I need to turn off the engine or kahit hindi na?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Thank you guys.

By the way do I need to turn off the engine or kahit hindi na?
    There's a sign to switch off the engine. And the gas boys will also tell you to switch off the engine if you didn't already.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Switch it off for safety. Malay mo ang naikarga diesel pala tapos nakaon ang engine. At least maagapan pa kahit papano. E kung nakaon. Ayun pumasok na agad sa engine. For safety switch it off na lang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    This thread is really informative. Now I'm wondering if the extra hatak I felt when I tried high-octane fuel was just a placebo effect.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    turn off engine... for safety sa wallet and sa environment...

*jut703 - baket mas mahal ang presyo ng gasoline/diesel products sa pandacan compared sa iba lugar?

* kai s. - depende kung ano ride mo...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    turn off engine... for safety sa wallet and sa environment...

*jut703 - baket mas mahal ang presyo ng gasoline/diesel products sa pandacan compared sa iba lugar?

* kai s. - depende kung ano ride mo...
    Pricing has very little to do with distance from supply point. Rather, it's dictated by market forces. Simply put - oil companies sell high in Pandacan because they can. None of the majors in the area want to start a price war, while the small players just follow suit and also enjoy the huge margins they're making.

Once na may manggulo sa presyo, bababa lahat ng iba and boom goes the price war. Good for consumers, bad for business. This is the case in all price war areas. My favorite example is Alabang. The Petron station in Filinvest is owned by Ramon Ang himself. It serves as a flagship site that pumps out almost 1 million liters per month. He doesn't care if he makes pennies per liter, as long as he has the volume. Everyone else just followed suit to stay competitive. Kaya ayun, ang baba ng Alabang prices.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Pricing has very little to do with distance from supply point. Rather, it's dictated by market forces. Simply put - oil companies sell high in Pandacan because they can. None of the majors in the area want to start a price war, while the small players just follow suit and also enjoy the huge margins they're making.

Once na may manggulo sa presyo, bababa lahat ng iba and boom goes the price war. Good for consumers, bad for business. This is the case in all price war areas. My favorite example is Alabang. The Petron station in Filinvest is owned by Ramon Ang himself. It serves as a flagship site that pumps out almost 1 million liters per month. He doesn't care if he makes pennies per liter, as long as he has the volume. Everyone else just followed suit to stay competitive. Kaya ayun, ang baba ng Alabang prices.

errr.. who's ramon ang, and why does his name have to be mentioned?
    pennies per liter x big volume is typical chinese formula...

and is just possible, that location is what brings motorists to that station and not price?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast