New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post
    It's no fully synthetic .. its just a semi synthetic oil ..

That's the problem .. all the mechanics and shop I've asked said there's no adjustments on 4afe's .. unlike the 2e engines that can be adjusted according to specs via shim ...
    you sure? 2E valve clearance can be adjusted by turning the adjuster then tightening the locknut. i'm not sure about 4afe but if it's shim based then you have to find someone who knows how to change to the correct thickness shim

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    you sure? 2E valve clearance can be adjusted by turning the adjuster then tightening the locknut. i'm not sure about 4afe but if it's shim based then you have to find someone who knows how to change to the correct thickness shim
    Agree with this one. If its shim based, there is a thickness chart for the valve clearnace adjustment and usually done when the engine is cold. Casa and some autoshops have this. If your old shims are out of adjustment, its time to buy new shims..

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Since the abnormal noise started when the oil was changed,go with the last thing done. Stay away from the thought of changing the valve lifter shims. Believe me it's not fun specially shims are hard to find. On newer Toyotas it's even harder since you have to change the whole bucket valve lifter or cam follower.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Same case sa tropa ko na naka tucson gas, umingay din nun gumamit sya ng mobil super 2000.
    Try mo paps havoline, un sa supervisor ko na jazz tumahimik nung gumamit sya ng havoline pro ds

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12