New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    since 7 years old na naman schedule na lang a timing belt (and ancillaries) change, that way maiinspect nyo kung anong parts talaga palitin

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    since 7 years old na naman schedule na lang a timing belt (and ancillaries) change, that way maiinspect nyo kung anong parts talaga palitin
    at 50K odo, timing belt replacement is too early. If you look at the owner's manual of D4D engines, they recommend T-belt replacement at 150K mileage. But since most cars in the metro sits on traffic we change it earlier than 100k. but it would be good to inspect the T-belt if your a little OC. The "surgery", however, will cost you more but will save you time & money in the long run if there are major problems encountered.
    These parts probably fail prematurely bec diff parts of these AUV's are already not made in japan. ie. "made in thailand", "made in indonesia", "made in malaysia", etc. No offense meant, but i noticed that parts that are "made in japan" way back when are very durable and can withstand the test of time probably even outlive the car itself...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^one can have a 10 year old vehicle with a 20K mileage and timing belt replacement can still be considered "too early" if basing on mileage

since may issues na rin naman sya with squeaks and iinspect/baklas na rin ng belts and bearings, isabay na lang. hindi na masama ang 7 years for a timing belt

it is still his decision kung papalitan na nya ang belt at 150K km when the vehicle is 21 years old, if we go by 7 yrs=50K km

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    it is still his decision kung papalitan na nya ang belt at 150K km when the vehicle is 21 years old, if we go by 7 yrs=50K km
    I'm not sure if i will still want to keep my 2010 Innova after 21 years. lol
    Decent pa kaya ang resale value ng 21 years 150k?

By the way, i checked my Owner's Manual, it only says Inspect drive belts every 20k. No mandatory drive belt replacement mentioned. So i guess it depends on the wear-and-tear luck.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Isn't it a natural characteristic for this engine to sound like that under cold circumstances? I could testify this from our experience before.

My family had a 2k10 innova d4d before and it was driven up to baguio, which is a cold place. After a long rest from driving it up there, it was given a start-up. My dad noticed that the engine sounds noisy there, like it's obviously clanking but only initially. It disappears soon once it has reached its warm operating temperature. That was our first observation regarding that engine.

Then we had another trip to baguio with a different vehicle. This time, we stayed in a hotel and a room with a small terrace located at a high floor where we could see the parking lot and other cars that come to park there. From our room, we can also hear if those cars have just arrived or started up. Most of the time though, we can hear a very familiar sounding engine that is clanking loudly outside and guess what, we're not surprised! Whether they have just arrived or started up, they came mostly from either hiaces, innovas or fortuners equipped with the 2.5 d4d engines. There were some hiluxes too but they're not that plenty that time. Since the terrace allowed us to see what's down there, that's what we saw, noisy toyotas. However, on other cars there with diesel engines, we can also hear them but they weren't as loud as the mentioned toyotas.

Now i've been wondering if this characteristic or behavior has something to do with the engine's design. Hmm...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^ Did you check the posted YouTube videos from the previous page?

Check here:
    How to Fix a Squeaky Belt (figure out where the squeak is coming from) - YouTube

How to Diagnose and Fix Belt Squeaks or Squealing Noise Issues - YouTube

Because the sound coming from mine, is exactly and absolutely the same.

Also, if this was normal sound, it should have been present on previous cold days since Day 1 when i purchased the car. But it only started squeaking like this only now at 50k odo after 7 years.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EL Chicane View Post
    ^ Did you check the posted YouTube videos from the previous page?

Check here:
    How to Fix a Squeaky Belt (figure out where the squeak is coming from) - YouTube

How to Diagnose and Fix Belt Squeaks or Squealing Noise Issues - YouTube

Because the sound coming from mine, is exactly and absolutely the same.

Also, if this was normal sound, it should have been present on previous cold days since Day 1 when i purchased the car. But it only started squeaking like this only now at 50k odo after 7 years.
    Ah mukha nga. So that sound must be coming from the belt itself. Hindi pala ganyan ang narinig namin before sa innova, kasi sa engine mismo galing eh na parang clanking talaga siya.

Maybe it needs to be retightened. Pa check mo na lang sa nearest mechanic mo.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    naiingayan na kayo sa d4d? pano na lang sa isuzu?

TS, kung nacheck na ninyo yung madadali e high time na na dalhin na lang sa pinagkakatiwalaang talyer nyo....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123