New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    A friend of mine went to visit Hyundai and the mechanic there said that valve clearance and other things done with a tune up is no longer applicable. The reason is that the "computer" takes care of it.

I find it hard to believe. Even with large engines like MC690 (piston diameter is 900 mm) where almost everything is automated, you need to adjust a few things manually like fuel injection.

Not until I encountered this camless engine (no camshaft, timing is done through a hydraulic motor) where all adjustments are done in the computer screen.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    A friend of mine went to visit Hyundai
    Your/friend's problem right there hehehehe.

Kidding aside, I think kung within the allowable tolerance, yung computer na nga talaga yung bahala. Otherwise, a little adjustment of those things may be necessary.

Not a mechanic and won't pretend to be so I could be wrong.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Your/friend's problem right there hehehehe.

Kidding aside, I think kung within the allowable tolerance, yung computer na nga talaga yung bahala. Otherwise, a little adjustment of those things may be necessary.

Not a mechanic and won't pretend to be so I could be wrong.
    I really think it's possible. As you have said, as long as within the allowable tolerance.

And this "problem"... well, my brother said that our father went there to replace his rotor for Santa Fe. I think that vehicle is 5 years old, more or less. What I have is CR-V 98, I don't remember replacing the rotor. I had it refaced but not replaced. Odometer reading is 200,000 and still runs.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I really think it's possible. As you have said, as long as within the allowable tolerance.

And this "problem"... well, my brother said that our father went there to replace his rotor for Santa Fe. I think that vehicle is 5 years old, more or less. What I have is CR-V 98, I don't remember replacing the rotor. I had it refaced but not replaced. Odometer reading is 200,000 and still runs.
    Mabilis talaga maubos yung brake pads and rotors ng Hyundai kung ganun. We had the rotors on the Starex replaced once and the car was only at about 40K KMs. Yung ibang kotse namin umaabot na ng 100,000, hindi parin napapalitan. Same thing with the brake pads, ambilis kumain ng Starex ng pads.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Mabilis talaga maubos yung brake pads and rotors ng Hyundai kung ganun. We had the rotors on the Starex replaced once and the car was only at about 40K KMs. Yung ibang kotse namin umaabot na ng 100,000, hindi parin napapalitan. Same thing with the brake pads, ambilis kumain ng Starex ng pads.
    It could be an issue or "Engineering Economy" was applied.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It could be an issue or "Engineering Economy" was applied.
    Baka ganun na nga.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12