New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Maybe your fuel gauge also has an issue. My gauge before was acting funny wherein I'd tank up and drive around for a good distance without the needle moving at all then all of a sudden, it drops. It turns out my fuel float was the culprit so in your case, you need to go through a process of elimination to properly detect what may be wrong with your vehicle.

A. Injector pump issue
    B. Dirty nozzles
    C. Fuel gauge issue
    D. Fuel float issue
    E. Contaminated tank

When was the last time you had the fluids changed such as the oil? If you drove it out of the dealership and haven't changed anything, chances are, the oil inside is from 2005! (That is, if what the agent says is true.) And since that vehicle was just stuck, the fuel inside the tank would have gone bad. Adding the 2T might have loosened some of the sludge / deposits which might mean that your fuel filter would be blocked. If you ask me, you need a mechanic to do a thorough check on it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Maybe your fuel gauge also has an issue. My gauge before was acting funny wherein I'd tank up and drive around for a good distance without the needle moving at all then all of a sudden, it drops. It turns out my fuel float was the culprit so in your case, you need to go through a process of elimination to properly detect what may be wrong with your vehicle.

A. Injector pump issue
    B. Dirty nozzles
    C. Fuel gauge issue
    D. Fuel float issue
    E. Contaminated tank

When was the last time you had the fluids changed such as the oil? If you drove it out of the dealership and haven't changed anything, chances are, the oil inside is from 2005! (That is, if what the agent says is true.) And since that vehicle was just stuck, the fuel inside the tank would have gone bad. Adding the 2T might have loosened some of the sludge / deposits which might mean that your fuel filter would be blocked. If you ask me, you need a mechanic to do a thorough check on it.

Thanks so much sir K.I.L.L.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    By the way sir K.I.L.L. where shop did you bring to do your fuel float? TIA

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by gllenium View Post
    By the way sir K.I.L.L. where shop did you bring to do your fuel float? TIA
    Speedyfix in San Juan installed a fuel float for me before. They're not the cheapest but they stand by the quality of their work.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Speedyfix in San Juan installed a fuel float for me before. They're not the cheapest but they stand by the quality of their work.
    Ah kay sir Migz, i know that shop already. Yes, quality of work

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Mga paps panatag na loob ko for this issue, i did a full tank method test & the result is good 11km/liter for a long drive. Its not bad considering 7 adults, 3 kids and 1 baby plus baggage e way up to tagaytay. Next test yung city driving naman :thumbup:thanks po sa lahat ng comments & suggestions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need Help po experts and gurus, fuel consumption of 2004 Toyota REVO 2.4 diesel