New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    bka po may idea k u kc lagat ngawa at npalitan ko na kaso pang ahon ang takbo ng kotse ko tumataan temp nia

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tamchumacera View Post
    bka po may idea k u kc lagat ngawa at npalitan ko na kaso pang ahon ang takbo ng kotse ko tumataan temp nia
    Bawal jejemon dito 'te.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    sensya na hirap mag type lilit kc ng keypad slamat ha

4. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    I do not speak bisaya so i will try to expalin what i think has happened here in english.
    Your radiator probably was blocked, and most likely this was caused by the use of water. If you have a decent pressurised cooling system, you MUST use a proper coolant for 2 reasons.
    1. Coolant doesnt expand when heated (will not boil out the overflow hose through the radiator cap unless it really needs to)
    2. Coolant doesn't contain iron or other detrimental elements that will block up the radiator.

It sounds as if the radiator technician did repair the radiator, but you need to use coolant, and the coolant needs to be bled into the system, not just poured in and start engine and off you go.
    It would have appeared to be full to the mechanic but their would have been a lot of air still in the coolant passages around the cylinder head, which are now full of water, and that air has now exited the system and the total level has therefore dropped.
    You need to find a decent mechanic with respect for the cooling system who knows how to refill the system.
    Let us know how you go!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I do not speak bisaya so i will try to expalin what i think has happened here in english.
    Your radiator probably was blocked, and most likely this was caused by the use of water. If you have a decent pressurised cooling system, you MUST use a proper coolant for 2 reasons.
    1. Coolant doesnt expand when heated (will not boil out the overflow hose through the radiator cap unless it really needs to)
    2. Coolant doesn't contain iron or other detrimental elements that will block up the radiator.

It sounds as if the radiator technician did repair the radiator, but you need to use coolant, and the coolant needs to be bled into the system, not just poured in and start engine and off you go.
    It would have appeared to be full to the mechanic but their would have been a lot of air still in the coolant passages around the cylinder head, which are now full of water, and that air has now exited the system and the total level has therefore dropped.
    You need to find a decent mechanic with respect for the cooling system who knows how to refill the system.
    Let us know how you go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Need help, my car overheat