New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hello Everybody. I am just new here and I need your help. I just purchased a second hand car, a 1992 Nissan Sentra ECCS. Namamatay kasi makina ko pag hindi naka-ON yung aircon or kapag nag-automatic shut-off na yung compressor. Giniginaw na ko sa aircon pero di ko naman ma-turn off kasi namamatay makina ko. Tsaka there are times na ayaw ko talaga mag aircon for fuel economy reasons. Any inputs will be highly appreciated. Can you also recommend a good shop? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sounds like my sentra months ago. What I did was go to the casa, let them fiddle around with my throttle cable. Found out that your neighborhood mechanic should not touch those cables because if they're out of alignment, engine won't run well.

Anyway, Take your Sentra to the casa, let them check out the throttle cable, w/c is in front to the ECCS. Let them check via computer, your compression and sensors. LEt them clean your sensors too.

Cost me less than 2k to do it. But after that...ok na ok ang car.

Oh yeah, also let them check your spark plugs. You might have the wrong sparkies... ie Cefiro type/Platinum - Inde raw pwede yun sa 1.6L ECCS engine

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like a cable or your idle screw isn't set right.

Kung under 2k yung service na yun... sulit na... which casa was that?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Advice ko lang sa mga bumili ng EFi (with computer) na engine na may problema o kahit na yun wala, dalhin sa casa for a one time check-up and computer diagnostic. after that don't tinker with your car. it takes out the guess work of troubleshooting plus you'll know your car is running up to specs. the TS made the right decision.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    maraming salamat po sa lahat ng nag-advise. i think you guys are right, i'll try to bring it sa casa for diagnostics and check-up. It makes sense to leave the tinkering to the professionals who have the right equipment and training.

Sir Istan, saang casa po yung pinagpagawaan niyo?? i'm afraid kasi pumunta sa mga casa, baaka tagain lang ako at papalitan ang hindi naman kailangang palitan which was my experience before with my previous car. meron ba kayong mai-rerecommend na casa and contact person?

salamat po ulit and more power!!!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Never did like Mantrade. Too crowded, so you don't get good service... but my problem was I lived very far away, so hindi ko sila kayang tutukan. It might be different now, though (we sold our Nissan five years ago.

Ang tip ng uncle ko who did get good service at Mantrade? Go in with the car on your first visit, and if the job looks like it'll take a while, offer smokes and/or drinks to the service crew working on the car. A little PR goes a long way.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    just to update you guys: Dinala ko kahapon sa Nissan Commonwealth/ Prince motors yung car ko for diagnostics. They found that the "AAC valve" is not functioning properly. apart from that they also suggested to replace the following parts:

power steering suction aand return hose
    distributor oil seal and gasket
    valve cover gasket
    high tension wires
    replace plugs
    fuel filter

I have asked about the estimated cost. The AAC valve alone costs P7,000. Sabi ko ay mag-try muna ko maghanap sa mga japan surplus shop. I paid the diagnostic fee (P680) and went on my way to Banawe to look for the AAC valve.

On my way home, napansin ko na hindi na namamatay yung makina ko kahit hindi ako naka- aircon!!

Hindi ko alam kung ano nangyari??? Ang napansin ko lang ay medyo tumaas yung RPM ko. Minsan kahit naka idle lang ay tumataas siya ng 1300 rpm. pero minsan ay bumababa naman sa normal 900-1000rpm.

Question: Kailangan ko pa rin kayang palitan yung AAC valve ko? Or kaya nang ayusin ng tune-up yung pagtaas ng RPM ko?

Meron ba kayong alam na makukuhaan na surplas ng AAC valve, if so magkano kaya?

Thanks po ulit sa lahat.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What is the AAC sensor for? What does it sense? What does it look like? What does AAC means? Where is it? These are the questions you should've ask when they gave you their findings. Try mong mag canvass sa mga Nissan parts dealer, like Nisway 6473746. The other parts they mentioned puwede na sa labas pagawa. Pakiramdam ko aircon related ito (AAC) like an idle up sensor. IOf this is what I think it is mga 150 to 350 php lang ito surplus. BRW, your normal rpm should be around the 750 to 800 range, wiht or without aircon. Malamang they made a few adjustment to compensate sa aircon load mo kaya di na namamatay engine when it is off.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir afrasay, sabi nung mekaniko "Auxilliary Air Control" valve ang ibig sabihin ng AAC. I don't know what it does since this is the first time that I have owned an EFI car. Puro carburator type car ko before. Nagtanong-tanong ako sa Banawe kahapon pero wala ako nahanap na AAC valve

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does it have two terminal for wiring and input and output hose connection?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Need Help!! idling problem