New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesD07 View Post
    Pa advice ako sir. Newbie po ako sa deisel engine

2008 Captiva po unit ko

Mukhang need overhaul may black smoke na kasi kahit naka idle lng.

Or baka meron ho kayong ma suggest na pwede ko gawin para hindi e overhaul.

Need din po ako advise san maganda mag pa check las pinas Daang Hari po location ko sana yung malapit lng

Salamat po
    Have your fuel injection system checked first.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Look for a shop that can do compression test to your engine. The result will guide you if the engine needs piston overhaul, top overhaul or non at all. Black exhaust gas out of the tail pipe is not a guarantee that your engine needs overhaul. It might be one or combination of defect in the charge air system, egr system or fuel system that causes black smoke.
    Check for the presence of white smoke coming out of the oil filler. This is an indication of a blowby piston rings but not always.

Sent from my NX549J using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    QC area kasi ako kaya hindi ako familiar sa location nyo. But the most well known diesel centers that can help you would be Central Diesel, Malabon Diesel and Berrima Diesel. Perhaps you can contact them over the phone and see what they can do for you.

Is there any difference in terms of performance and fuel consumption? Or is black smoke your only concern? There are numerous causes that can contribute to black smoke. Also have you done all the basics? Replace air, oil and fuel filters, replace all fluids, clean the EGR and, perhaps also the exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is there any difference in terms of performance and fuel consumption? Or is black smoke your only concern? There are numerous causes that can contribute to black smoke. Also have you done all the basics? Replace air, oil and fuel filters, replace all fluids, clean the EGR and, perhaps also the exhaust?
    agree, i would be alarmed if the smoke is on the white side.
    basics muna.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesD07 View Post
    Pa advice ako sir. Newbie po ako sa deisel engine

2008 Captiva po unit ko

Mukhang need overhaul may black smoke na kasi kahit naka idle lng.

Or baka meron ho kayong ma suggest na pwede ko gawin para hindi e overhaul.

Need din po ako advise san maganda mag pa check las pinas Daang Hari po location ko sana yung malapit lng

Salamat po
    Mhkhang tune-up po ang kailangan pag black smoke. Diesel calibration to be exact.

Sent from my SM-J400G using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    CRDi engine? Maybe a bad injector.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Pag change engine hindi ka rin sigurado baka pinoy surplus makuha mo and papa change engine ka pa sa car registration.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Pag change engine hindi ka rin sigurado baka pinoy surplus makuha mo and papa change engine ka pa sa car registration Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lala31 View Post
    Pag change engine hindi ka rin sigurado baka pinoy surplus makuha mo and papa change engine ka pa sa car registration.
    unless that surplus engine has a bulletproof provenance, i'll probably have my old, tired engine overhauled na lang.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    unless that surplus engine has a bulletproof provenance, i'll probably have my old, tired engine overhauled na lang.
    I'd favor the same route, doc.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast