New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    since A/T naman car mo medyo di naman masyado masama sa kotse....magagaling na computer ngayon! :mrgreen:

as posted earlier, meron namang rev-limiter at auto shift naman agad to a higher gear to prevent "undesirable engine conditions". and it is desirable to drive your car HARD .....ONCE IN A WHILE (key term :lol

ingat lang sa hard driving mga boys and girls, a friend of mine accidentally downshifted from 5th to 2nd at high rpm......KABOOM!!!! 8O

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj,

Iba pa ba iyon sa German tune-up?

I remember reading an article about Porsches, and they had a model (pre-911) that always fouled its plugs, so they really had to rev the engines hard to clean the carbon deposists so the plugs would not foul completely.

I do this at least once in between fill-ups.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont worry about hitting the redline, meron namang fuel cut-off so bago lumipad ang pistons and rods mo from your hood, eh kakadyot-kadyot ang car mo na para bang palyado. nagawa ko na yan sa old teg ko, 8k redline ko but while going 75mph on a 5th gear, down shift ako ng third pero medyo nalingat ako at di nakita na lalalagpas na ng 8k rpm. 3rd gear 8.2k rpm, kadyot kadyot na teg ko na parang walang ibubuga. :lol:
    saka ang Honda, meant to shift right before the redline :mrgreen: and A/T naman car mo so dont worry, let the tech deal with it. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by RS Sprint
    vinj,
    Iba pa ba iyon sa German tune-up?
    I guess the Italians and Germans were in cahoots on this...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sHoCkAbSoRbEr
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    not that "delikado" as long as you don't do drop-clutch to get more acceleration from your engine. BTW, you can't accelerate from 10 to 90 kph in slipt-seconds... it will still take a few seconds around 5 to 10 seconds depending on your car.
    yup, but within that split seconds, yung RPM mo is 5.5k to 6.5k... parang ang sakit para sa kotse (altho 'tis fun for the driver)... :wink:
    not really and i do this often enough with my corolla a/t.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Basta lang wag mo papaabutin sa fuel-cut, ito and masama sa wear and tear ng makina. On 4 cylinder engines with longish strokes (like Mitsu 4G63) may mga instances na naputol ang conrod kasi nabigla yung tigil ng momentum ng pagikot ng crank at rods.

Pero mati'c naman eh so unless iiwan mo sa 2 or something, hindi siya aabot sa fuel-cut.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    hmm.. driving ng lagi mo nlang pina pa cutoff can shorten ur engines life.. fried agad piston rings niyan.. & bka mag loose compression ung auto.. agad

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyclub
    hmm.. driving ng lagi mo nlang pina pa cutoff can shorten ur engines life.. fried agad piston rings niyan.. & bka mag loose compression ung auto.. agad
    oh, thanks for this info...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
nearly hitting the RPM redline