New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "for those who want to squeeze 200,000 miles out of a car, the reliability of tiny turbo engines may still be an issue, experts say."

"toyota hasn't adopted small-displacement turbocharged engines on its high-volume products."

increased complexity = increased potential areas of failure.

i think this about sums it all.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "for those who want to squeeze 200,000 miles out of a car, the reliability of tiny turbo engines may still be an issue, experts say."

"toyota hasn't adopted small-displacement turbocharged engines on its high-volume products."

increased complexity = increased potential areas of failure.

i think this about sums it all.
    T badge is now starting to release turbo-small engine combo.

219 Toyota Corolla UK Pricing Announced, Comes With 1.2L Turbo or Two Hybrids - autoevolution

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    T badge is now starting to release turbo-small engine combo.

2�19 Toyota Corolla UK Pricing Announced, Comes With 1.2L Turbo or Two Hybrids - autoevolution

my apologies. my quote was apparently from an earlier source.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    my apologies. my quote was apparently from an earlier source.
    No worries doc.
    T is late to the game cause they know they need to make a reliable one. Maybe they perfected it already hence the release.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    No worries doc.
    T is late to the game cause they know they need to make a reliable one. Maybe they perfected it already hence the release.

my thoughts are,
    it's not yet perfect, but they have to get on the bandwagon, lest they lose a significant costumer base.
    my guess is, unlike many of their designs that seem to have been in use for many years already, their turboes will undergo a more frequent re-modeling... "until they get it right."

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    my thoughts are,
    it's not yet perfect, but they have to get on the bandwagon, lest they lose a significant costumer base.
    my guess is, unlike many of their designs that seem to have been in use for many years already, their turboes will undergo a more frequent re-modeling... "until they get it right."
    I am curious about Toyota if their hybrid system has anymore room to develop as paired with petrol engines and, most especially, how their partnership with Mazda and/or Subaru is going to change the direction of their engine development as they move forward with their partnerships respectively?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I am curious about Toyota if their hybrid system has anymore room to develop as paired with petrol engines and, most especially, how their partnership with Mazda and/or Subaru is going to change the direction of their engine development as they move forward with their partnerships respectively?
    the way i see it, and not limited to the auto industry...
    ...mergers upon mergers... and sometimes, de-mergers...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    my thoughts are,
    Well. T is now evolving...getting bolder then.
    Actually, yes. They might be, as evident by their recent design release (not in asia).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well. T is now evolving...getting bolder then.
    Actually, yes. They might be, as evident by their recent design release (not in asia).

T needs a partner when coming up with new things - Subaru with the 86, BMW with the Supra. If you want a home-grown Toyota that’s exciting, get a Lexus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    their hybrid system is super good already. they meet uk emissions now with their camry and rav4 hybrids. its just a matter of time before the battery plant in Indonesia starts supplying more batteries..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Naturally aspirated vs Turbocharged