New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Tsikoteers, what could be the cause of this problem? Ride is Lancer Singkit 91-EFi. Everytime AC is turned on at low speed/gear, the car jerks na parang natitisod?
    Also, parang yung AC namamatay pag underpower ung engine (1500 rpm and below), then you have to flick on the AC switch on-off-on to turn the AC on again?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    This sounds like the ac compressor is kicking or cycling off and on. Has the ac been checked lately? Have the a/c checked as it will cycle the compressor more if low on freon.

If you haven't had your car tuned up in a while, you might need to have your spark plugs/wires checked, battery, fuel/air filter, oil change/filter too.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; October 25th, 2008 at 10:49 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thanks for the reply V6dreamer.
    finally solved the problem that has been bothering me for a very long time. Last Saturday out of curiosity, i opened up the panel tapat ng passenger seat where the evaporator and thermostatic switch is located. I discovered na yun palang wire that connects the thermoswitch is not soldered but was clipped simply by a bent piece of copper strip. Apparently pag naaalog nag-loloose and connection at namamatay ang compressor, kaya i have to constantly turn-off-on yung AC switch para makatsamba at mag-on uli. I had the wires soldered to the thermoswitch. Luckily, 2 days na ngayon na normal ang automatic cycling.
    Kicking myself right now thinking back that i have spent much for 2 repairs already and the problem is simply a loose connection

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by harimon21 View Post
    thanks for the reply V6dreamer.
    finally solved the problem that has been bothering me for a very long time. Last Saturday out of curiosity, i opened up the panel tapat ng passenger seat where the evaporator and thermostatic switch is located. I discovered na yun palang wire that connects the thermoswitch is not soldered but was clipped simply by a bent piece of copper strip. Apparently pag naaalog nag-loloose and connection at namamatay ang compressor, kaya i have to constantly turn-off-on yung AC switch para makatsamba at mag-on uli. I had the wires soldered to the thermoswitch. Luckily, 2 days na ngayon na normal ang automatic cycling.
    Kicking myself right now thinking back that i have spent much for 2 repairs already and the problem is simply a loose connection
    How nice of you!:chopper:

You see, nothing harm by doing it yourself, it's your car and you know better than other.

nagjejerk kapag on and AC