New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Bago umakyat sa exhaust manifold lalabas na excess water sa tail pipe. The level exhaust ports is much higher than the muffler and after manifold piping.

Try doing it before an emission test and you will understand what I mean.
    I've read this somewhere before for a diesel engine, cleaning the exhaust pipe.
    But still caution should be taken into consideration that you do it properly or you'll end up with a busted piston.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    exhaust system flush should be done by professional technician.i read it too but they already banned this type of repair due to the after effect and i dont know whats the reason,but for me, i better not than sorry.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    thanks s reply mga bosing ngbbreak-in prin ako, ang pinagtataka ko lng kc eh db dapat pagstart mo palang ng car umuusok n, in my case kc pagstart ko ng car wala sya usok tpos habang umiinit n dun nagsisimula umusok, un ang pinagtataka ko mga bosing, tingin nyo kaya carbon deposit lang yun? thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    eh kung imbis n tubig ang iflush ko, pwede din kaya tanggalin ko ung tail pipe tapos tsaka ko supletehin parang ung gngwa s mga tambutso ng motor pag nagkakarbon cla

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    That will be better.
    My theory about the smoke is that muffler heats up and cooks the oil deposited from break-in and past blow by. But I could be wrong.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    That will be better.
    My theory about the smoke is that muffler heats up and cooks the oil deposited from break-in and past blow by. But I could be wrong.
    you're absulutely right,but the question is where does that oil coming from?of course from the engine right? but which part?oil in the engine is thick when it is cool,but becomes thinner when gets warm and soon build up pressure when it gets hot,if the system o.a.d then its flow back and forth inside the system but as soon as they find even just a pinhole,oil escape thru that hole,thats what we called it leak.unluckily you engine had an internel leak which is you have no.now if you feel that there is no driveability concern,the most possible cause is overfilled oil or leak at the exhaust valve seal

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir, basta sir pag white smoke alam ko po marami masyado yung oil sa engine. ganun po sabi ng mechanic sakin.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis powell View Post
    you're absulutely right,but the question is where does that oil coming from?of course from the engine right? but which part?oil in the engine is thick when it is cool,but becomes thinner when gets warm and soon build up pressure when it gets hot,if the system o.a.d then its flow back and forth inside the system but as soon as they find even just a pinhole,oil escape thru that hole,thats what we called it leak.unluckily you engine had an internel leak which is you have no.now if you feel that there is no driveability concern,the most possible cause is overfilled oil or leak at the exhaust valve seal
    The muffler is like a catch basin because of design. Piston rings that are broken, manipis, unseated or installed wrongly will have poor sealing capabilities and thus the term pumping oil and where does it go? muffler.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi Guys...

What's the color of the smoke?... white, Bluish Grey, Grey or Black?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    The muffler is like a catch basin because of design. Piston rings that are broken, manipis, unseated or installed wrongly will have poor sealing capabilities and thus the term pumping oil and where does it go? muffler.
    youre right,but like i said,when this things happen (piston broke,manipis,unseated or wrongly installed) engine driveability should be affected like poor performance,extended crank in the morning etc.and thats because of oil deposit at the sparkplug.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
my white smoke parin khit after overhaul