New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    was browsing through the net and I stumbled upon a forum discussing about the motorvac.

It cleans carbon deposits in the engine and throttle body. In theory it should contribute to more lean and better fuel burning.

http://tannie2121.multiply.com/journ..._Carbon_Clean_

http://www.lmcca.net/prod01.htm

has anyone tried this? Is there a shop that uses this machine here in the Philippines and does carbon cleaning services?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    you don't need the machine to perform this ,you only need the chemical with the kit and hook it up to a good vacuum source and run the engine at idle with the injectors disabled.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Can you do this for carb engines?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    ^^ my wrong. are there shops in manila that offer this kind of service?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir, parang may nakita ako noong dumaan ako sa Jupiter, 387autocenter yun.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mas mainam pa rin na once in a while long driving para maalis ang mga carbon deposit at makundisyon ang makina.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdiesel_4D56 View Post
    sir, parang may nakita ako noong dumaan ako sa Jupiter, 387autocenter yun.
    sir san kaya pwede makahanap ng motorvac carbon cleaner?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    prevention is the key. to reduce the accumulation of carbon buildup in the combustion chambers, change the engine oil regularly, keep the air filter clean or replaced, use the recommended oil, do not over cool the engine (keep that thermostat in and working right), keep the PCV valve clean and use the correct fuel.
    carbon clean is a good product and so is seafoam. general motors have their goodwrench engine top cleaner and some other products to keep the engine clean inside. sometime in the past, i used water introduced into the intake slowly when the engine has already reached normal operating temperature. i slowly pour it into the carburetor throat or have a small vacuum hose submerged in a 12 ounce bottle of water ingested through the non ported vacuum

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    i slowly pour it into the carburetor throat

Likewise here.

I use a small spray bottle though, and twist it to the finest spray that I can.

Steam cleans very well.

motorvac carbon clean