New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    a corolla is a small new family car, if you want a fast car, buy a ferrari. corollas were meant to be a get around car.
    The AE111 Corolla is actually a good car to upgrade for more performance. The front/rear balance is good which results in neutral handling along with it's relative lightweight chassis, it's great for race track purposes.

Only deficiencies the local AE111 have are: economy engine options only and brakes tend to overheat quickly.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    Grabe ka naman sumagot ser

TS is only asking for advice to make his car run faster. Wala naman ganyanan.... tsk tsk tsk...
    ok lang yan sir... i respect his comment but a little childish... i guess i just need to be used to hearing from some r*t*rds...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A secondhand SAFC should be around 10k or so. Haven't checked prices for a while.

Silvertops are great, but a 3SGE will give you more oomph over more of the rev range.
    how about a brand new SAFC??? where is the best place to have this??? thanks a lot sir...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    7a-ge is not designed for speed but for economy....ok din naman hatak nyan...locally yan ang biggest factory engine before i-introduce an 2.0L dito sa atin.. unang altis yan..

kung gusto mo konting bump sa power without the need for swapgo intake-header-exhaust mod...then gamitan mo ng magandang langis/fluids like motul or royal purple...
    thanks sir... I'll take note of that... I used to drive a Santa Fe and a Ford Mustang GT (both A/T) back in the states and I can't seem to find the power na binibigay nila in my corolla... I guess that's what I'm looking for in my corolla...

thanks again!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're looking for that sort of low-end, instant grunt, you will definitely want to go with a bigger motor or a supercharged one. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    If you're looking for that sort of low-end, instant grunt, you will definitely want to go with a bigger motor or a supercharged one. ;)
    4AGZE 16V Supercharged ftw.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    4AGZE 16V Supercharged ftw.
    is it safe to change the engine???

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Define "safe".

Safe as in: "It won't blow up and kill me..." Any half-competent shop can make a safe swap.

Safe as in: "Nothing will break and leave me stranded beside the road..." Well... any time you are swapping in a used engine, you are taking a chance. Most shops will warranty their work, and if you compression test an engine before buying it, you will have at least a little peace of mind.

Or... Safe as in: "I won't kill myself driving it..." Well... upgrade your tires, brakes and suspension to suit the power. The rest is up to you...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Define "safe".

Safe as in: "It won't blow up and kill me..." Any half-competent shop can make a safe swap.

Safe as in: "Nothing will break and leave me stranded beside the road..." Well... any time you are swapping in a used engine, you are taking a chance. Most shops will warranty their work, and if you compression test an engine before buying it, you will have at least a little peace of mind.

Or... Safe as in: "I won't kill myself driving it..." Well... upgrade your tires, brakes and suspension to suit the power. The rest is up to you...
    Nicely said Niky! galing talaga!!!

*TS, if you want to play on the "safe and tipid" side, i'd say go for upgrade IHE (Intake Headers Exhaust) on your stock engine. This at least is a little less invasive. It will give you a slight power gain. Pero kung gusto mo nga ng talagang oooomph, change engine is the way to go.

You can also opt to change your spark plugs and Hi Tension wires to split fire.

Econo upgrade ika nga. :D hehehe di ko lang alam how much 'gain' you will gain from this...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by airolynx View Post
    Nicely said Niky! galing talaga!!!

*TS, if you want to play on the "safe and tipid" side, i'd say go for upgrade IHE (Intake Headers Exhaust) on your stock engine. This at least is a little less invasive. It will give you a slight power gain. Pero kung gusto mo nga ng talagang oooomph, change engine is the way to go.

You can also opt to change your spark plugs and Hi Tension wires to split fire.

Econo upgrade ika nga. :D hehehe di ko lang alam how much 'gain' you will gain from this...
    oh i see... thanks for the suggestion guys...

do you have suggestions kung saan ung best na naguupgrade ng Intake, Headers, and Exhaust??? thanks...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Modifications for an A/T engine