New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Good performance been using it with my super grandia and fortuner. But i change the oil every 5k just to be sure. But if monark will give good results might do it every 10k.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    mga Sir,

any update regarding this oil/thread? i'm torn between Toyota Fully Synth again or Mobil 1 TDT in my next oil change, will be pairing it with Baldwin BT223. currently on Toyota Fully Synth with OEM oil filter.

thanks in advance

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sorry for the lack of updates, I've switched over to another brand. But for the D4d I'm sure you can go at least 10Tkms on TDT and Baldwin filter if you don't do extensive idling and frequent short trips. It also takes me a long time to get to 10Tkms now since I tend to use our other cars more.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hope you can try this with Zic RV oils

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Just had a UOA on my oil in my truck done recently by Monark. With all the interest and discussion about filters, oil change intervals, quality of synthetic vs mineral etc, I thought it would be good to contribute some hard data. Here are the results:

Vehicle: D40 Navara
    Fuel: Shell V-Power Diesel
    Engine oil: Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5w-40
    Km's oil run: 6,000 (mostly stop and go traffic)
    OEM oil filter
    OEM fuel filter

Wear metals:
    Cu 1
    Fe 10
    Cr 0
    Al 2
    Pb 0

Contaminants:
    Si 9
    Na 2
    Water, fuel and antifreeze all negative.

Viscosity, Cst * 40degC: 82.6
    TBN: 10.3

No data on soot level though. Have to get back to them for that. Wear metals are low, TBN is pretty much like new. Only 5% left on viscosity loss though according to the lab. Si seems to be high compared to UOAs abroad, maybe due to all the dust here. I'm looking to change the filter to a LF3400 and then run it to 10,000 just to see how it goes.

Thoughts?
    whats the oil capacity on the d40?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    guys, where can we buy Mobil 1 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck? thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 15w-40 UOA