New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    it's still above the minimum line. around 25% midway between the minimum and the maximum levels sa dipstick.

medyo nakaka-worry lang talaga. anyway, due naman na for oil change.
    Are you checking when the engine is cold before start up? If that's level you have when it's already warmed up then you should be fine, and even if it was cold you should still be fine as you are still above the minimum line anyways.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho, if you are topping up, make sure you use the oil with the same viscosity. it does not matter what brand, but what is more important is the viscosity.
    Different manufacturers might have used diff. additives that could react with each other.

It is better to use oils from a single manufacturers for compatibility.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i'll just leave it be muna. a few hundred kilometers na lang naman due na for changeoil.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    if you've got to top up just do so with the same viscosity full syn oil.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sirs,

makikisakay na lang din ako, hope you won't mind. I was wondering when would I do a change oil? I am presently using 10w30 synthetic oil - Mag1 brand. I am doing at least 10,000 kilometers a month. Pwedeng every 3 months? 6 months? Your suggestions please. .

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Sirs,

makikisakay na lang din ako, hope you won't mind. I was wondering when would I do a change oil? I am presently using 10w30 synthetic oil - Mag1 brand. I am doing at least 10,000 kilometers a month. Pwedeng every 3 months? 6 months? Your suggestions please. .
    10,000 kilometers a month? whoa! :jawdrop: you should do a changeoil every month kung ganun.

kahit naka-synth ako, for peace of mind i still do the 5k changeoil if my budget permits.

*speedyfix
    see you soon for the changeoil. pa-check ko na rin kung may leaks (feeling ko malutong na yung gasket).

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sirs,

10,000 Km per month. Grabe! Taxi ba?

pag 10,000 per month, monthly ang change oil with change ng oil filter every 5,000 Km

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sir,

Mali pala computation ko, its around 2,100 kms a month ( 85 kms/day x 6 days a week). Hehehe . . .

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sir,

Mali pala computation ko, its around 2,100 kms a month ( 85 kms/day x 6 days a week). Hehehe . . .

Sa Toyota pag mineral oil ang gamit mo, change oil every 5,000 or 3 months which ever comes first.

Sa akin, slightly more than 2 months lang ang 5,000 Km.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sir,

it's 4k+ kms in 2 mos? with a fully synthetic, better to schedule an oil change every 8-9k kms regardless kung ilang months na.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
mixing different engine oils