New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i want to top off my engine oil kasi medyo mababa na siya.

i know currently it's fully synthetic royal purple. let's say ang idadagdag ko is mineral lang and not of the same viscosity. at most a quarter liter lang siguro as a temporary fix until i have my oil change.

would this hurt my engine?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post

i know currently it's fully synthetic royal purple. let's say ang idadagdag ko is mineral lang and not of the same viscosity. at most a quarter liter lang siguro as a temporary fix until i have my oil change.

I think it is bad to mix synthetics and mineral oils. kahit na pang top off lang ang mineral oil.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Is it just below the max line? You should be fine if you're in between. If you frequently go below the minimum line then I think you should have it fixed before using synthetic, otherwise you're just wasting money.

Instead of basic mineral oil why not just use a synthetic blend? That way it's closer to the synthetic type but cheaper, make sure you use the same viscosity and rating (S or C rated).

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    it's still above the minimum line. around 25% midway between the minimum and the maximum levels sa dipstick.

medyo nakaka-worry lang talaga. anyway, due naman na for oil change.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    kung above the min line and due for oil change ka na, pa service mo na para isa lang gastos.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kung synthetic ang nakalagay, imo same blend na rin ang idagdag mo para maiwasan ang problema if ever di nga mabuti magkahalo… kung malapit na rin ang sched oil change better palit na lahat at mas maige kung ma locate na rin pati ang leaks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho, if you are topping up, make sure you use the oil with the same viscosity. it does not matter what brand, but what is more important is the viscosity.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post

According to RP website, their oil is compatible with most kinds of oil, even mineral oil.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    what if not topping up.. total change oil talaga na magkakaibang brands?
    meron kasi kaming mga tira tira ng mga gallons from recent oil changes pero iba ibang brand..\

me problema kaya lung same lang ang viscosity at puro mineral oil naman lahat?

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho, if you are topping up, make sure you use the oil with the same viscosity. it does not matter what brand, but what is more important is the viscosity.
    TWO THUMBS UP!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
mixing different engine oils