New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    me nakita kong engine na me "intercooler at the back of the engine(in between firewall and the engine). guess what it is using in cooling the intercooler. liquid. with separate reservoir, pump and subradiator.
    water-cooled intercooler po yan. ano bang ride yung nakita mo?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    me nakita kong engine na me "intercooler at the back of the engine(in between firewall and the engine). guess what it is using in cooling the intercooler. liquid. with separate reservoir, pump and subradiator.
    That's a water to air intercooler as opposed to a air to air intercooler which requires cool air to pass through the fins of the intercooler to cool the intake pressurized air passing through. I see those used in drag racing with superchargers or turbo, they fill the container with ice and water.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. And when the ice runs out... it's no better than an air-to-air intercooler, though it's supposed to be more efficient, somehow.

The difference with using spray instead of a closed water system, the spray evaporates off of the intercooler, and in the process of evaporating, absorbs much more heat than regular air can.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    water-cooled intercooler po yan. ano bang ride yung nakita mo?
    actually its an engine. no ride yet,

no ice. just a sub-radiator and pump(pareho pang hinahanap).
    Last edited by niwde11; June 9th, 2008 at 10:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Correct nozzle mounted inside the intake manifold or anywhere after the air filter.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    actually its an engine. no ride yet,
    no ice. just a sub-radiator and pump(pareho pang hinahanap).
    it's your ride pala. hehe. medyo ot, ano po yang engine model? and may sarili po ba siyang pump for the intake cooling? dapat liquid nitrogen yan kasi water-water cooling siya.

anybody really using this?

parang may lagnat yung engine. hehe...
    Last edited by rion; June 10th, 2008 at 08:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    both evos and subarus have ic sprays. it just cools down the intercooler so air intake temps drop too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Mist Water Spray sa Intercooler