New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 629 of 630 FirstFirst ... 529579619625626627628629630 LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,290 of 6300
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,963
    #6281
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    I see. Is it same color or visibly lighter compared to my photo?
    Haven't looked at it. Diesel naman, even just driving 500Km after an oil change, maiitim na talaga oil. Just looking at it is not the best gauge for oil condition.

    Since I'm using full-synth, 12 months should be the OCI for very low-mileage vehicles.
    Last edited by oj88; December 3rd, 2020 at 12:50 PM.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,300
    #6282
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Wow! Wala man lang 2k! Yung byahe namin last Friday, almost 500 km ata


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yung innova change oil was january. Wala pa 1000 km tinatakbo since last oil change mag iisang taon na.

    Yung isang vios naman 500kms pa lang din tinakbo since last oil change in 2019. Hehe

    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    117
    #6283
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Yung innova change oil was january. Wala pa 1000 km tinatakbo since last oil change mag iisang taon na.

    Yung isang vios naman 500kms pa lang din tinakbo since last oil change in 2019. Hehe

    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Grabe ang tinakbonng mga sasakyan thos year haha.

    Yung Jimny ko 150 kms lamg tinakbo this year, yung City ng anak ko 2k kms, yung rav4 ni misis 3k kms, yung starex 7k kms, yung vespa ko 400 kms Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13,136
    #6284
    Talagang na-tengga mga sasakyan natin ah.
    Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

    Makes me think na hindi na maximize iyong langis nung truck ko eh

    do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

  5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    966
    #6285
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    This is what my oil looks like after 4,500km and 7months since my last oil change. The oil gets darker in color is this an indication that I need to have it replace? I use 15W40 Zic X7000 FS diesel.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Just based on the photo and what we do with our cars, that color is normal. Mas maitim pa yung sa ibang diesel namin na.

    From my layman's perspective before fearing I need to head to casa/dealer or DIY change oil.

    1) yung oil, di dapat sobra labnaw lang. Only once ko lang naexperience yun sa Xtrail na pag check ko ng dipstick akala mo tubig yung asa loob kasi tumutulo na talaga from the dipstick. Motech yung nagchange oil nun ng Semi-Synthetic ata before sa kuya ko. More than 6 mos when we checked the dipstick kaya nagulat lang ako na parang tubig yung labnaw. Never ko naexperience yun sa ibang oil. Not sure if because of the Semi-Synthetic blends kung ganun ba talaga pero pinapalitan na lang namin. Literal na tutulo na lang yung "oil" pag labas ng dipstick. No "beading time" muna for the oil to collect at the end of the dipstick. Kaya medyo alangan ako sa Motech na oil (di ko alam brand kasi di nakasulat sa resibo nila nung chineck namin yung resibo)

    2) texture, if really coarse or only "fine" particles lang maramdaman mo sa oil mo when you rub it against your fingers. If really coarse meaning marami na suspended particles in the oil din. So ibig sabihin not necessarily because it is black/dark in color meaning need na palit. Kasi kung very fine particles lang naman, meaning they are small enough to get through the oil filter. pero pag coarse na feeling, meaning kahit yung filter di na nasasalo or filter out yung "debris", so to speak.

    Re running a diesel with engine oil for more than 1 year with FS dahil di mo pa naabot yung 10k kms mileage. Madalas nangyari ito sa Montero namin and what we have done is actually on the 5k mark, top up lang and safe pa din. Then close to the 10k mark tsaka change oil. Para di sayang yung langis. Up to now, no engine trouble naman yung 2011 Montero.

    Also currently running my Sylphy with FS Oil from Nissan. Last change oil was July 2019. Ang ginawa ko lang nung October 2020 was top up 1 liter of FS oil kasi may "space" na to top up. Di naman coarse yung oil, engine runs fine before I did the top up din. Have only done 6k kms with the car from the previous change oil.

    But of course, your mileage may vary. Di kasi madalas naiipit sa rush hour traffic both vehicle. So engine idling time I would say is similar to Mixed Driving Conditions usually for both. If usually stuck in bumper to bumper with heavy idling time, iba usapan na.

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,589
    #6286
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Just based on the photo and what we do with our cars, that color is normal. Mas maitim pa yung sa ibang diesel namin na.

    From my layman's perspective before fearing I need to head to casa/dealer or DIY change oil.

    1) yung oil, di dapat sobra labnaw lang. Only once ko lang naexperience yun sa Xtrail na pag check ko ng dipstick akala mo tubig yung asa loob kasi tumutulo na talaga from the dipstick. Motech yung nagchange oil nun ng Semi-Synthetic ata before sa kuya ko. More than 6 mos when we checked the dipstick kaya nagulat lang ako na parang tubig yung labnaw. Never ko naexperience yun sa ibang oil. Not sure if because of the Semi-Synthetic blends kung ganun ba talaga pero pinapalitan na lang namin. Literal na tutulo na lang yung "oil" pag labas ng dipstick. No "beading time" muna for the oil to collect at the end of the dipstick. Kaya medyo alangan ako sa Motech na oil (di ko alam brand kasi di nakasulat sa resibo nila nung chineck namin yung resibo)

    2) texture, if really coarse or only "fine" particles lang maramdaman mo sa oil mo when you rub it against your fingers. If really coarse meaning marami na suspended particles in the oil din. So ibig sabihin not necessarily because it is black/dark in color meaning need na palit. Kasi kung very fine particles lang naman, meaning they are small enough to get through the oil filter. pero pag coarse na feeling, meaning kahit yung filter di na nasasalo or filter out yung "debris", so to speak.

    Re running a diesel with engine oil for more than 1 year with FS dahil di mo pa naabot yung 10k kms mileage. Madalas nangyari ito sa Montero namin and what we have done is actually on the 5k mark, top up lang and safe pa din. Then close to the 10k mark tsaka change oil. Para di sayang yung langis. Up to now, no engine trouble naman yung 2011 Montero.

    Also currently running my Sylphy with FS Oil from Nissan. Last change oil was July 2019. Ang ginawa ko lang nung October 2020 was top up 1 liter of FS oil kasi may "space" na to top up. Di naman coarse yung oil, engine runs fine before I did the top up din. Have only done 6k kms with the car from the previous change oil.

    But of course, your mileage may vary. Di kasi madalas naiipit sa rush hour traffic both vehicle. So engine idling time I would say is similar to Mixed Driving Conditions usually for both. If usually stuck in bumper to bumper with heavy idling time, iba usapan na.
    Yung sa no. 1 mo, read “crankcase dilution”


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    966
    #6287
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Yung sa no. 1 mo, read “crankcase dilution”


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that. I am reading up now. I haven't encountered it before so surprising for me to see na ganun kalabnaw yung langis sa makina.

    Mukhang may papacheck na sa makina na yun.

  8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,589
    #6288
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Thanks for that. I am reading up now. I haven't encountered it before so surprising for me to see na ganun kalabnaw yung langis sa makina.

    Mukhang may papacheck na sa makina na yun.
    Hope it didn’t do any damage. Good luck.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,589
    #6289
    Before New Year, I had a change oil done on my 2018 Sportage. I wanted to try this oil, Cyclon TDI 5w-40 in preparation for summer. The previous oil I used was Kixx PAO 5w-30. I took the car for a trip down South where I spent my New Year. Off the bat, I’d say the car felt smooth running & acceleration. On paper, the the specs & certifications look good enough to try, as I am not restricting myself to commonly used lubes.
    MAGMA SYN TDI – Cyclon

  10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    38,395
    #6290
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Before New Year, I had a change oil done on my 2018 Sportage. I wanted to try this oil, Cyclon TDI 5w-40 in preparation for summer. The previous oil I used was Kixx PAO 5w-30. I took the car for a trip down South where I spent my New Year. Off the bat, I’d say the car felt smooth running & acceleration. On paper, the the specs & certifications look good enough to try, as I am not restricting myself to commonly used lubes.
    MAGMA SYN TDI – Cyclon
    in the past,
    whenever i had my regular oil change (mineral oil),
    the car always "felt smoother running and had better acceleration" afterward.
    imagined perception? real? i don't know...

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?