New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 469 of 655 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479519569 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,690 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    "New oil more often" - more harm than good. Everytime you drain and fill doesnt protect the areas (where oil should have been) during engine start/ignition. A brief discussion of this was in bitog forums. Wish I bookmarked it. Cant find it anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    "New oil more often" - more harm than good. Everytime you drain and fill doesnt protect the areas (where oil should have been) during engine start/ignition. A brief discussion of this was in bitog forums. Wish I bookmarked it. Cant find it anymore.

Interesting...

I was thinking after turning off the engine, majority of the oil goes to the oil pan/sump so draining this and refilling it with new oil should have the same effect on start up since the new oil will just flow to the oil sump either way.

Ano daw reason sa bitog?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Interesting...

I was thinking after turning off the engine, majority of the oil goes to the oil pan/sump so draining this and refilling it with new oil should have the same effect on start up since the new oil will just flow to the oil sump either way.

Ano daw reason sa bitog?

Ill look at their forums tomorrow. Hirap mag browse ng forums nila sa phone.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Interesting...

Ano daw reason sa bitog?

To add, you typically pour in new oil through the valve cover filler hole. From there, the oil pretty much soaks the valve train before flowing down the same oil passage ways to the sump.

Though, I tend to disagree with an earlier post that changing mineral oil at shorter intervals is better than using FS oil at longer intervals. As long as the FS oil is replaced at the prescribed interval, it should perform at par or even better than mineral oil.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Gurus,

As per bitog, kaya naman daw po ng Shell Helix Ultra Diesel yung 10,000 kms oil change interval. Tanong ko lang po sana kung okay lang ba na annual yung oci ko using Shell Helix Ultra? almost 7,000 kms lang kasi ako per year. Change OEM oil filter ako every 6mos.

BTW, 2014 Accent CRDI unit ko. Thanks po.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^^^
    P.S. Hindi po nadadala sa Manila yung car, mostly provincial driving lang na yung trapik po ay very minimal lang. Okay lang kaya annual change oil using Shell Helix Ultra Diesel? Thanks po.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Gurus,

As per bitog, kaya naman daw po ng Shell Helix Ultra Diesel yung 10,000 kms oil change interval. Tanong ko lang po sana kung okay lang ba na annual yung oci ko using Shell Helix Ultra? almost 7,000 kms lang kasi ako per year. Change OEM oil filter ako every 6mos.

BTW, 2014 Accent CRDI unit ko. Thanks po.
    It should be fine...especially now that we have euro4 diesel fuels.

Why the low mileage? Ofw?

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    It should be fine...especially now that we have euro4 diesel fuels.

Why the low mileage? Ofw?

Nope. Not an OFW po. Minsan lang po nagagamit yung car since may ibang car pa na nagagamit. Thanks po sa reply.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    based on my brothers car i would say simple 5k oil will do but do the change oil every 3-4k (better than maximizing the estimated life of the oil)

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?