New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 639 of 655 FirstFirst ... 539589629635636637638639640641642643649 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Nakupo, almost 4,000 na pala. Hanap na lang talaga ng viable alternative. So check you usage.
    Kung pamalengke at panghatid lang ng mga bata saka office visits (WFH pa karamihan) baka di kailangan ng premium oils.
    Actually, kahit yung mga highways natin eh restricted lang tayo to 100kph, then di rin naman kalayuan at just 300km or so.

I'm just beginning to understand that these 'cheap' Zic, Hyundai, etc. "fully/ 100% synthetic" engine oils are mostly from VHVI base oils.
    That is, unlike yung mga PAO or Group IV base oils, these are Group II/ Group III hydrocracked oils to have those PAO characteristics.
    So tanggap ko rin na sa mga usual use case scenario sa atin, these can already offer enough protection better than mineral oils.
    You get the benefits of pure synthetic oils (up to a point), at a mineral or semi-synthetic oil price point.

But then I can also understand the others who chose to pay for their peace of mind.
    My simple mind tells me that when a vehicle calls for a certain mileage or time when to change the oil and does not specify anything except for the 5w30 whatchamacallit thingie, I take it that mineral oil will just do fine.

With Facebook, I realized people tend to baby their vehicles, to the point of asking what's your bling or asking what bling do they need to put. So I also understand why most people who only use their cars every so often try to overthink what's the best oil to use.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Nakupo, almost 4,000 na pala. Hanap na lang talaga ng viable alternative. So check you usage.
    Kung pamalengke at panghatid lang ng mga bata saka office visits (WFH pa karamihan) baka di kailangan ng premium oils.
    Actually, kahit yung mga highways natin eh restricted lang tayo to 100kph, then di rin naman kalayuan at just 300km or so.

I'm just beginning to understand that these 'cheap' Zic, Hyundai, etc. "fully/ 100% synthetic" engine oils are mostly from VHVI base oils.
    That is, unlike yung mga PAO or Group IV base oils, these are Group II/ Group III hydrocracked oils to have those PAO characteristics.
    So tanggap ko rin na sa mga usual use case scenario sa atin, these can already offer enough protection better than mineral oils.
    You get the benefits of pure synthetic oils (up to a point), at a mineral or semi-synthetic oil price point.

But then I can also understand the others who chose to pay for their peace of mind.
    Sa mga tipid.. pwede na.. hehe.. sabi nga di naman kikibo yan..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    using amsoil on innova, so far so good. shifting is smoother, less effort sa arangkada than previous casa oil.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post
    using amsoil on innova, so far so good. shifting is smoother, less effort sa arangkada than previous casa oil.
    Diba placebo effect?

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Diba placebo effect?

placebo effect lang yan. during the 90's we used thicker oil and you really notice a difference after changing the oil

but starting late 90's early 2000's when you change the oil you don't notice anything

btw i just recently changed to amsoil on the ford, no difference at all

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Diba placebo effect?

base sa aking observation lang naman. ymmv

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Based on my experience parang pare pareho lang ang performance ng oil sa car ko. I've tried Mobil 1 FS, Honda Genuine Mineral and a lot of other FS and mineral oils, regardless if they are fake or not, may time talaga na parang magaan ang takbo at meron ding time na para kang may hinihila.

Except one time when I used 20w50, na nabibigatan ako sa hila, I don't know if it's psychological, because everytime I use the car, first thing that goes to my mind is nasilaw ako dahil mura itong Toyota genuine oil only to learn later na mura talaga ang 20w50. But if I press the pedal harder, responsive naman sya.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maybe performance depends on weather? ...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014

full synthetic daw. mura. shows a real API donut so it's officially certified (xteer for example doesn't show the donut)

pero walang acea ratings so it has the same specs as a 10w30 mineral oil like valvoline premium conventional or havoline formula. similar price as these two mineral oil also

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wala nang Mineral Oil ang Honda.. Semi and FS na lang daw ang choices..

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?