New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 623 of 655 FirstFirst ... 523573613619620621622623624625626627633 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,230 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Sorry about that for spreading wrong info it was not my intention. He is the founder of honda club and had much respect for his post regarding oil pms.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Sorry about that for spreading wrong info it was not my intention. He is the founder of honda club and had much respect for his post regarding oil pms.

Unless it is scientifically proven or maybe after years of research/observation, I would take lightly claims from such people even more so if they are tied to a specific manufacturer which may be filled with some bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014

para lang founder ng flat earth group. doesn't matter if he gets a lot of "likes" people are legitimizing nonsense on FB just because it gets lots of "likes". was listening last to Tristan Harris on the joe rogan podcast. he's calling it biggest psychological experiment on humanity and it's screwing us up

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Never apologize bro. Oil discussions are interesting.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Jazz ko dati, mineral(10w30) and semi synthetic(5w30) lang gamit ko. Never believer sa 0w20’s ng Honda .

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    if you check car user manual walang discrimination if you mineral semi or fully.

the advise usually is to change at 7,500miles so covert eh 12,000kms

ako din never naniwala sa 0w20 ni honda. Pinakamalabnaw na sa akin 5w30.

eh mga abnoy jan sa casa ang hilig sa flushing oil and engine treatment. Sarili user manual hindi sinusunod.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    Jazz ko dati, mineral(10w30) and semi synthetic(5w30) lang gamit ko. Never believer sa 0w20’s ng Honda .

my city is now 15yo. don't wanna sell it yet. 15 straight years of mineral oil. doesn't burn oil. never have to top up the oil between the 12 months between oil changes. will try to do a compression test soon

of course fully-synthetic is better for high-performance applications, or if you want your engine to last longer than it needs to but for appliance cars mineral oil is just fine

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    if you check car user manual walang discrimination if you mineral semi or fully.

the advise usually is to change at 7,500miles so covert eh 12,000kms

ako di never naniwala sa 0w20 ni honda. Pinakamalabnaw na sa akin 5w30.

eh mga abnoy jan sa casa ang hilig sa flushing oil and engine treatment. Sarili user manual hindi sinusunod.

finally someone else realized what i've been saying. your car's PMS chart doesn't specify a different OCI for mineral & FS

but of course you have to understand that the casa wants to maximize profit. it's up to consumers to read the PMS chart. and to read it properly

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Judy check the manual and use what’s recommended. There are certain cars though that require fully synthetic due the required viscosity and API ratings.

Oks naman experience ko using 0w20 for Honda. We used it on our old City and Jazz. We are using it now on the Civic RS.

Subaru requires 0w20 for its newer NA engines but you can alternately use 5w30. For my turbo Subie, I only use the recommended FS 5w30. With my old Fiesta Ecoboost before, I use 5w30 - the alternative for the recommended 5w20.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It really irks me that car manufacturers don't factor in oil quality in their recommended OCI. It's only common sense that a fully-synthetic oil is better than regular oil. It has better everything... enough so that it really should extend the OCI.

My own intuition tells me that the OCI they have in the manual are loosely based on the cheapest oil that the engine would take. By that logic, you should be able to extend the OCI if you use FS oil. By how much, only a proper UOA can tell the full story.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?