New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 619 of 655 FirstFirst ... 519569609615616617618619620621622623629 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Yup, last I checked it was C3 naman.

Current diesel API ratings are CK-4 and FA-4.

API | Oil Categories
    It is really comforting to know that some Casas are behaving the way we expect them to be.
    In the owner’s manual of my cars, there is no indication of the API grade. They only specify the recom SAE viscosity and ACEA grade.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Have you checked the range of oils of Cyclon? They have a lot of oils there which are VW, BMW, Merc rated. This oil is made in Greece but is Euro Standard. I’m sure there is an oil there for your Jetta.
    Products – Cyclon
    Tiwala naman ako sa Amsoil from Lazada. I might use Amsoil next for my FXT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It is really comforting to know that some Casas are behaving the way we expect them to be.
    In the owner’s manual of my cars, there is no indication of the API grade. They only specify the recom SAE viscosity and ACEA grade.
    If you look at even the American oil blenders they usually have a separate ACEA standard lineup of oils for Euro models.

Maybe for some models they just don't bother to ask for both API and ACEA since they only tested those in their home market.

For our local casas I'm guessing some models and makes are not picky when it comes to oil so the dealers have more leeway in their lineup.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; October 27th, 2020 at 09:13 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Maybe the models we have are not offered in the USDM, hence only the ACEA recommendation.

If you look at even the American oil blenders they usually have a separate lineup of oils for Euro models that pass ACEA standards. I suppose this is to satisfy the requirements of the Euro import cars.

I'm guessing some models and makes are not picky when it comes to oil so the dealers have more leeway in their lineup.
    There is a disclaimer in the owner’s manual, that if the recommended oil is not available in the country, oil should be changed more frequently. I am guessing the manufacturers are exploiting this at our expense.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    There is a disclaimer in the owner’s manual, that if the recommended oil is not available in the country, oil should be changed more frequently. I am guessing the manufacturers are exploiting this at our expense.
    Possible bro. Hyundai used to require 3 months/5tkm before. Not sure if this is still the case now.

Honda and Nissan thankfully have longer intervals. IIRC VW has the longest interval at 1 year.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    hyundai seems to be stingy with the oil grades recommendations in their owner's manual overseas as well when it comes to the diesel variants specifying only ACEA ratings for the diesel with(C2/C3) or without DPF (B5) in contrast to their gasoline recommendations that do API(SM) and ILSAC(GF-4) on top of ACEA(A5) or newer.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    hyundai seems to be stingy with the oil grades recommendations in their owner's manual overseas as well when it comes to the diesel variants specifying only ACEA ratings for the diesel with(C2/C3) or without DPF (B5) in contrast to their gasoline recommendations that do API(SM) and ILSAC(GF-4) on top of ACEA(A5) or newer.
    You mean with the additional certifications like BMWLL, Mercedes, VW 505, Dexos 2? Wow, that would make it more complicated.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    You mean with the additional certifications like BMWLL, Mercedes, VW 505, Dexos 2? Wow, that would make it more complicated.
    it seems to be the case as the manuals i've currently read do mention europe but Hyundai relented in the 2017 tucson owner's manual for the 2.0 diesel stating that in case of unavailability of ACEA C2 or C3, B4 engine oil you can use API CH-4 (or above without restrictions) but no mention of that in the accent 1.6, Sta fe 2.0/2,2 manuals. For the commercial vehicles the 2.5 D4CB is also limited to ACEA C2 or C3, B4(non DPF) engine oil in the starex and H100 plus a mention of the 4D56 (no grade mentioned only an extended interval with ch4) and a 2.6 diesel that can use API cf-4.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Had a talk with a castrol rep. Damn! mahal ng wholesale price nila for both edge and magnatec range. Didnt bother with the gtx line. 450/liter for the edge.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Delo400 SLK is newest semisynth oil from Caltex has this lower TBN suited for ULSD and our 50ppm sulfur diesolines.
    https://caltex.co.nz/assets/Uploads/...SLK-15W-40.pdf

I'd stick to Delo400 MGX for a while since I'm not sure how true are the Euro4 low sulfur diesels here.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?