New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 613 of 655 FirstFirst ... 513563603609610611612613614615616617623 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    After 3 years and out of warranty, I'm finally free from the grasp of the casa. No more of the weird Shell Helix Ultra AF Ford likes to use which didn't help in preventing the occurence of LSPI that destroyed my damn piston. Hopefully this amsoil which specifically markets its protection against LSPI will prevent that from happening.

Been using it for 2 weeks now and gas consumption seemed to have improved by around 0.8km/L. Acceleration is more "madulas" and also seem to be faster but that might only be a placebo effect.
    Kulang yang 4 quarts, turbo cars require more oil than NA engines. My old Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost requires 4.5L (nearly 5 quarts) of oil. What more of the 1.5L Ecoboost?

The ASX has a 2.0L NA engine needs 4.5L of oil conpared the FXT (2.0L turbo) needs 5.5L (6 quarts) of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; August 1st, 2020 at 04:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Kulang yang 4 quarts, turbo cars require more oil than NA engines. My old Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost requires 4.5L (nearly 5 quarts) of oil. What more of the 1.5L Ecoboost?

Sakto lang ang 4 quarts bro sa 1.5L ecoboost. Hindi ko na pinuno sa max. 4.1L lang maximum capacity according sa manual. Yun nga nakapagtataka, bigger engine pero ang oil pero required mas konte... Weird.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Best oil money can buy 4quarts yun EB engine or 4L?
    4 quarts or 3.8L ok na. 4.1L lang din max capacity.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Sakto lang ang 4 quarts bro sa 1.5L ecoboost. Hindi ko na pinuno sa max. 4.1L lang maximum capacity according sa manual. Yun nga nakapagtataka, bigger engine pero ang oil pero required mas konte... Weird.
    Ang hula ko ay kailangan ang extra oil capacity para sa cooling at lubrication ng turbocharger?

Tsaka malamang mas stressed at mas mainit ang pistons ng turbo engine kaya mas maraming oil kailangan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same as what StockEngine said, 4 quarts may not be enough. The amount of oil you need for a change oil is the engine capacity plus the volume on the filter.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Same as what StockEngine said, 4 quarts may not be enough. The amount of oil you need for a change oil is the engine capacity plus the volume on the filter.

According to the manual, 3.7L without oil filter. 4.1L with oil filter sabi sa manual. Checked the dipstick the following morning after the oil change, was expecting it to be around the middle, pero nasa max na siya. 🤷*♂️

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ang hula ko ay kailangan ang extra oil capacity para sa cooling at lubrication ng turbocharger?

Tsaka malamang mas stressed at mas mainit ang pistons ng turbo engine kaya mas maraming oil kailangan.
    Extra capacity for some is needed for extended drain intervals. Lubrication lng ang oil.

According to the manual, 3.7L without oil filter. 4.1L with oil filter sabi sa manual. Checked the dipstick the following morning after the oil change, was expecting it to be around the middle, pero nasa max na siya. ��*♂️
    Nasa max na pala. Parang sa honda civic 4quarts din kailangan. The seller was insisting 4L (5x1Q bottles) binasa ko manual 4Q nga hahahha.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    been using motul htech 10w40 for my 1997 honda civic paired with vic oil filter(809). last change oil was april 2019 as per records. oil is at 8k+ mileage. usually within 1yr hindi ko ma reach ung 5k so tingin ko hindi sulit ung oil. just recently lang nagagamit oto ng daily dahil sa pandemic kaya lampas 5k na.

im planning to change my oil soon, hopefully kung masagad ko pa ng 10k mileage.
    anong magandang oil na 10w40 na mas mura sa motul? semi or synthetic?
    ang tinitignan ko sa ngayon is caltex havoline 10w40 (gray container) and ung repsol elite injection/multivalvulas 10w40.

planning to use better oil filters (baldwin 1402, js asakashi c809j, and wix altho hindi ko alam ano compatible na code)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiro View Post
    been using motul htech 10w40 for my 1997 honda civic paired with vic oil filter(809). last change oil was april 2019 as per records. oil is at 8k+ mileage. usually within 1yr hindi ko ma reach ung 5k so tingin ko hindi sulit ung oil. just recently lang nagagamit oto ng daily dahil sa pandemic kaya lampas 5k na.

ang tinitignan ko sa ngayon is caltex havoline 10w40 (gray container) and ung repsol elite injection/multivalvulas 10w40.

planning to use better oil filters (baldwin 1402, js asakashi c809j, and wix altho hindi ko alam ano compatible na code)
    api-sn oil below.

AMSOIL Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil 5w-4 1 Gallon (4 Quarts) | Lazada PH

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jtiro View Post

Sa casa ka magpa quick oil change, mura packages nila

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?