New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 612 of 655 FirstFirst ... 512562602608609610611612613614615616622 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Chatted with the Mazda parts guy while queued at the cashier. He said that they use 5w30 while the car is under Yojin3. After that they use 15w40 by default unless otherwise instructed.
    Do you have more faith in them than in print?Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?....Unless the engine's showing signs of wear, safe to stay w/in spec. Better FC.Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Do you have more faith in them than in print?Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?....Unless the engine's showing signs of wear, safe to stay w/in spec. Better FC.Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

Sounds like cost cutting more than anything

I feel more comfy buying my own oil than in trusting whatever's in their barrels. I will keep using OEM oil filters though. That is until someone finds a Baldwin equivalent.
    Last edited by JohnM; January 28th, 2020 at 10:49 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Sounds like cost cutting more than anything

I feel more comfy buying my own oil than in trusting whatever's in their barrels. I will keep using OEM oil filters though. That is until someone finds a Baldwin equivalent.
    Same here....though I don't see any other drums of oil there but 2 types of Shell Helix Pro 5w-30. The A5/B5 & the C3.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Used C3 on my last change.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Noted any FC spike, instead of drop, w/ the C3?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Noted any FC drop w/ the C3?
    Not noticeable. Still makes two weeks of daily driving between full tanks. Traffic is so bad anyway so I gave up tracking my FC a long time ago and just floor it every chance I get.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Not noticeable. Still makes two weeks of daily driving between full tanks. Traffic is so bad anyway so I gave up tracking my FC a long time ago and just floor it every chance I get.
    Expecting a spike in consumption, but really haven't noticed any in city traffic.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    After 3 years and out of warranty, I'm finally free from the grasp of the casa. No more of the weird Shell Helix Ultra AF Ford likes to use which didn't help in preventing the occurence of LSPI that destroyed my damn piston. Hopefully this amsoil which specifically markets its protection against LSPI will prevent that from happening.

Been using it for 2 weeks now and gas consumption seemed to have improved by around 0.8km/L. Acceleration is more "madulas" and also seem to be faster but that might only be a placebo effect.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    After 3 years and out of warranty, I'm finally free from the grasp of the casa. No more of the weird Shell Helix Ultra AF Ford likes to use which didn't help in preventing the occurence of LSPI that destroyed my damn piston. Hopefully this amsoil which specifically markets its protection against LSPI will prevent that from happening.

Been using it for 2 weeks now and gas consumption seemed to have improved by around 0.8km/L. Acceleration is more "madulas" and also seem to be faster but that might only be a placebo effect.

Best oil money can buy 4quarts yun EB engine or 4L?

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?