New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 606 of 655 FirstFirst ... 506556596602603604605606607608609610616 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by midnytwarrior View Post
    Because it's cheaper, easier for inventory and storage, and less clutter.

When I was in Saudi Arabia, some dealerships even have tanks for bulk oil.
    Diba ganun sa Autoplus kaya nasunog? Drums of oil just lying around and welders working on stuff up top.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Diba ganun sa Autoplus kaya nasunog? Drums of oil just lying around and welders working on stuff up top.
    engine oil flash point is around 200c-250c. its even ok to send oil samples by fedex because its not a hazmat.

imagine if oil combusts while engine is running at operating temps(90-100c)...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    oil is for lubrication at temps. they are designed to withstand heat.

cause of fire could have been overloaded electrical wires or fuel related... they must have been working on a fuel pump. .

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    oil is for lubrication at temps. they are designed to withstand heat.

cause of fire could have been overloaded electrical wires or fuel related... they must have been working on a fuel pump. .
    agree most likely scenario.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    By the drum....
    BMW service uses the same. Switched from Castrol.
    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    nice to know. as a benefit I think it is more likely you get an original product from a drum. as far as hearsay there is an increasing number of fake oil repackaged in reused original gallon/liter containers

6. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnathaniel View Post
    Question po.

I own Accent Hatch CRDI, sa manual, nakalagay na oil is 0w30, 5w30, 10w30 and 15w40. Does it mean na safe gamitin ang 5w40 dahil may indicated na mas thicker oil (15w40)?

Also, is it safe na 10k kms or once a year yung OCI ko using Shell Helix Ultra Diesel (5w40)? Sa province po ako nakatira na walang trapik tulad ng sa Manila.

Thanks po sa sasagot.
    Good day! 1st post here, been reading forums since I've purchased our vehicle. Would like to ask for your feedback regarding OCI for our vehicle...

Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback CRDi
    Odo: 29k
    Last PMS: 20k
    Previous Oil Used: Total Gold 9000 Diesel 5W30

Question po is:
    - Is it OK to extend the OCI to say 15TKMs? Budget's currently tight for OC and will probably be able to do OC on December before Christmas.
    - Car's only used on weekends with route of Bulacan-Laguna-Bulacan with several long-distance trips like La Union, Baler, Baguio.
    - Travel time is always early morning (4AM-6AM) and late night-early morning (11PM-4AM) where traffic is light.
    - Can I extend said PMS?
    - Vehicle is maintained in a Nissan dealership (which also services Hyundai vehicles since they own a Hyundai dealership in Manila) and OCI usually consists of Oil Change, Oil Filter change.

Thank you!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by baconnnator View Post
    Good day! 1st post here, been reading forums since I've purchased our vehicle. Would like to ask for your feedback regarding OCI for our vehicle...

Vehicle: 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback CRDi
    Odo: 29k
    Last PMS: 20k
    Previous Oil Used: Total Gold 9000 Diesel 5W30

Question po is:
    - Is it OK to extend the OCI to say 15TKMs? Budget's currently tight for OC and will probably be able to do OC on December before Christmas.
    - Car's only used on weekends with route of Bulacan-Laguna-Bulacan with several long-distance trips like La Union, Baler, Baguio.
    - Travel time is always early morning (4AM-6AM) and late night-early morning (11PM-4AM) where traffic is light.
    - Can I extend said PMS?
    - Vehicle is maintained in a Nissan dealership (which also services Hyundai vehicles since they own a Hyundai dealership in Manila) and OCI usually consists of Oil Change, Oil Filter change.

Thank you!
    If I may, cause I own the same car, albeit with a higher mileage. I presume you do a 10k pms sched of pms. Even if you rarely use your car, 10k is 10ks worth of running time. Meaning, it is time for an o/c, filter change. Have you seen how dirty the oil is at 10k? Full of soot. At 10k, you will also have to change/clean the engine air filter, clean the brakes, rotate tires & others. Why not just buy the oil filter from hyundai (P600+-) & Zic oil FS (6 lits at P1,600 +-) from Lazada & just have it serviced outside?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My old 2011 Fiesta is using Shell Helix in the casa since day 1 and I always notice a slight oil burn smell (sensitive nose) after around 4000 RPM. I thought it is the norm so I don't usually exceed that RPM unless I don't have a choice. Around a year ago, I DIY and bought Amsoil in Lazada with Bosch filter and just did the oil change in Motech since it is just hundreds of meters away from our house. I did not expect much but lo and behold, initially I thought 4000+ RPM without any burning smell is cool. The engine sound is better too, maybe due to its Yamaha roots it's trying to encourage you to rev up more and more so I ended up 5000 max then one day hit 6000 RPM red line (yeah you won't notice it). Still no oil burning smell and no ill effects so far, did not expect me enjoying the old car 7 years after. My FXT is fed with Motul and can't wait to switch to Amsoil after warranty expires. Tried to but it is a long story. Was also not surprised that Amsoil won the Project farm youtube channel oil championship mid this year. Now I wonder how Amsoil will perform in a K24 engine revving 7000 RPM. I bet it will be more fun than my two cars combined lol.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowblue View Post
    My old 2011 Fiesta is using Shell Helix in the casa since day 1 and I always notice a slight oil burn smell (sensitive nose) after around 4000 RPM. I thought it is the norm so I don't usually exceed that RPM unless I don't have a choice. Around a year ago, I DIY and bought Amsoil in Lazada with Bosch filter and just did the oil change in Motech since it is just hundreds of meters away from our house. I did not expect much but lo and behold, initially I thought 4000+ RPM without any burning smell is cool. The engine sound is better too, maybe due to its Yamaha roots it's trying to encourage you to rev up more and more so I ended up 5000 max then one day hit 6000 RPM red line (yeah you won't notice it). Still no oil burning smell and no ill effects so far, did not expect me enjoying the old car 7 years after. My FXT is fed with Motul and can't wait to switch to Amsoil after warranty expires. Tried to but it is a long story. Was also not surprised that Amsoil won the Project farm youtube channel oil championship mid this year. Now I wonder how Amsoil will perform in a K24 engine revving 7000 RPM. I bet it will be more fun than my two cars combined lol.
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your first post!

You have a nice username. This reminds me of a certain guy whose handle is "Old Blue", while yours is "yellow blue".

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowblue View Post
    Good to know...
    What part did you DIY?

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tapatalk

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?