New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 568 of 655 FirstFirst ... 468518558564565566567568569570571572578618 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I was thinking of getting the Fumoto. Somehow, I got railroaded and just bought the washers. They were like P200 a pack, which should last me at least the next 6 years.
    Try 1, you won't care for that P200 loss, sir.Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Try 1, you won't care for that P200 loss, sir.Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

I might. Hehe, no I’m not worried about the 200. There are 4 Innovas in the family, I’m sure the washers will just end up in some of them.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I might. Hehe, no I’m not worried about the 200. There are 4 Innovas in the family, I’m sure the washers will just end up in some of them.
    Haha....was just nudging.Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?
    The Fumoto comes in models w/ nipples & hoses. They're time-tested reliable. The LC10 clip is added peace of mind. I've run w/o for the longest time. Just recently added em.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Haha....was just nudging.Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?
    The Fumoto comes in models w/ nipples & hoses. They're time-tested reliable. The LC10 clip is added peace of mind. I've run w/o for the longest time. Just recently added em.

kuha dapat ako ng similar product na nasa vid ni scottie kimer, kaso worry ko nun baka mabiyak oil pan pag sumayad.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    kuha dapat ako ng similar product na nasa vid ni scottie kimer, kaso worry ko nun baka mabiyak oil pan pag sumayad.
    Check your plug location, sir. Those on ours are not facing vertically down. Never had issues. You'll likely hit other parts before the pan.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Check your plug location, sir. Those on ours are not facing vertically down. Never had issues. You'll likely hit other parts before the pan.

i guess im out bro, if i were to extend the existing nut with that gadget, masyado na mahaba .. sayang parang sulit pa naman

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Some folks would rather not worry about running oil-less in the sump because of broken plug than using the factory sump plug with molybdenum magnet. Those quick release valve are better with farm equipts and stationary engines like generators.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Try to wrap your head around the fact that the manual is ambiguous on the oil type (mineral or FS) from which they based the recommended OCI. We all know that FS will outlive mineral oil. And this is actually confirmed by the dealer who are, in fact, even pushing for a 10k (or 12 months) OCI if you’re using FS. Otherwise, it’s every 5k or 6 months with mineral oil.

the dealer is never the source for good info

the manual is agnostic to the type of engine oil. so as long as you use a certified oil e.g. API-SN then you're good for 10,000km under NORMAL driving conditions if that's what the manual says. if a certified mineral oil isn't good for 10k then they shouldn't have published that OCI, right? it's actually all very simple. people just wanna make things complicated haha

yes FS performs better than mineral, but by how much? if your so-called "FS" (non-PAO) costs just 30% more than dino juice then expect it to be just 30% better.

PS lemme elaborate a bit more on the 10k OCI for dino juice. car makers spec this OCI coz it's "good enough". i.e. it won't severely damage their reputation if they spec it. it doesn't mean that dino juice will protect your engine just as good as FS for that 10K OCI.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Some folks would rather not worry about running oil-less in the sump because of broken plug than using the factory sump plug with molybdenum magnet. Those quick release valve are better with farm equipts and stationary engines like generators.
    It's not for those who don't care to DIY or tinker. I've never had problems w/ Fumoto, though. Can't say the same of copycats. Never risked trying any other.
    On magnetic, Dimple has good plugs.
    Magnetic Drain Plugs - Dimple Products

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Some folks who DIY also prefer traditional messy OCI because the hands are going dirty anyway by holding the oil filter.

To avoid sudden death caused by oil getting into the hands and into the liver, some would invest on boxes of nitrile gloves.

Also they invest on torque wrench for the correct torque of sump plug, some fluted oil wrenches for easy removal of cartridges, and boxes of tissue to wipe clean excess oil.

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?