New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 655 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    fully synthetics are better suited for countries with cold climate that is why their rating is 0-5w.. w-meaning winter.
    even if you use fully synthetic oil but changes it once a year, then you are killing your engine.. just choose your preferred brand of group II or group III oils.... change your oil and oil filter religiously and your engine will last.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    fully synthetics are better suited for countries with cold climate that is why their rating is 0-5w.. w-meaning winter.
    even if you use fully synthetic oil but changes it once a year, then you are killing your engine.. just choose your preferred brand of group II or group III oils.... change your oil and oil filter religiously and your engine will last.
    If you change oil once a year because you only travel 10,000ks in a year, better use fully-synthetics, yun yung punto ko sa taas. Mileage and months between oil change din dapat factor IMHO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    that the reason i reverted back to mineral oil . it takes a year for my car to reach 10K kms. so balik ako sa mineral oil para every 6 months change oil.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Full synthetics also have ratings like 10w40, mostly all oils have a w rating. Oil goes bad by miles and the quality of filter you use not just with time like a year. You can easily go 8000klm to 10000klm on the good old dyno stuff with a quality filter OEM, VIC, or Union is not going to cut it.

The additive package is the most important part of the oil I rather have a dino oil with high zinc, moly and calcium in it than a semi that has much less. This is like comparing Mobil Delvac Diesel oil to some no name brand synthetic.

If you really want to know more than you ever wanted to know on oil just visit this site. It's the best in the world on the subject.

Bob Is The Oil Guy - Forums powered by UBB.threads™

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Full synthetics also have ratings like 10w40, mostly all oils have a w rating. Oil goes bad by miles and the quality of filter you use not just with time like a year. You can easily go 8000klm to 10000klm on the good old dyno stuff with a quality filter OEM, VIC, or Union is not going to cut it.

The additive package is the most important part of the oil I rather have a dino oil with high zinc, moly and calcium in it than a semi that has much less. This is like comparing Mobil Delvac Diesel oil to some no name brand synthetic.

If you really want to know more than you ever wanted to know on oil just visit this site. It's the best in the world on the subject.

Bob Is The Oil Guy - Forums powered by UBB.threads™

Yes, its in my favorite site list.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by igiwtf View Post
    ano anong engine oil po ang gamit nyo? tomorrow i'll fill up my 4d56t with Mobil delvac mx 15w40, currently using Royal Purple 15w40
    bro ask ko lang, why switch from RP?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbdrive View Post
    bro ask ko lang, why switch from RP?
    due to budget, 4 diesel engine yung minamaintain namin eh, so napaisip ako kung mag switch ako to mineral

mobil delvac mx15w40
    222 per liter
    1150 per 5L

Royal purple
    550/qt

monty 4m41 - 8L
    paj ck 4m41-8L
    paj fm 4m40-6.7
    paj int 4d56-6.5

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by igiwtf View Post
    due to budget, 4 diesel engine yung minamaintain namin eh, so napaisip ako kung mag switch ako to mineral

mobil delvac mx15w40
    222 per liter
    1150 per 5L

Royal purple
    550/qt

monty 4m41 - 8L
    paj ck 4m41-8L
    paj fm 4m40-6.7
    paj int 4d56-6.5
    whew!, what a fleet you got there...
    So, it's not due to performance but cost.
    I would agree with that.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbdrive View Post
    whew!, what a fleet you got there...
    So, it's not due to performance but cost.
    I would agree with that.
    IMHO, lahat naman tayo ay iniisip ang maintenance cost para sa ating mga rides....kung hindi mo naman gagamitin sa rezing-rezing, ok na ang mineral basta ba na every 5k ang palit ng oil at filter.

well sa mga may extra budget, go for whatever taste you would like for your ride that ultimately makes us happy. Tutal pera naman natin na pinaghirapan ang gagastusin.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kutangbato View Post
    IMHO, lahat naman tayo ay iniisip ang maintenance cost para sa ating mga rides....kung hindi mo naman gagamitin sa rezing-rezing, ok na ang mineral basta ba na every 5k ang palit ng oil at filter.

well sa mga may extra budget, go for whatever taste you would like for your ride that ultimately makes us happy. Tutal pera naman natin na pinaghirapan ang gagastusin.
    +1, kaya ako semi-syn lang kasi 10K per year din lang ako halos so every 5-6 mos change oil and oil filter.

OT: si sir igiwtf hindi halata na mahilig sa mitsu family niya. hehehe
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; June 12th, 2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?