New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i have a toyota corolla ae92 16 valve engine,, mauusok poh ang tailpipe white smoke ang lumalabas,, nababawasan ng langis ang makina every week!pero di nman masyadong marami,,, chaka ano po effect kpag tinakpan ang isang butas ng carburetor....? baguhan lang po kc ako parang niloloko lang ako ng mga pinupuntahan kung mekaniko...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by proxy View Post
    i have a toyota corolla ae92 16 valve engine,, mauusok poh ang tailpipe white smoke ang lumalabas,, nababawasan ng langis ang makina every week!pero di nman masyadong marami,,, chaka ano po effect kpag tinakpan ang isang butas ng carburetor....? baguhan lang po kc ako parang niloloko lang ako ng mga pinupuntahan kung mekaniko...

[SIZE="4"]
    REMINDER: do not post in SMS/TXT format.

Read the RULES.
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by proxy View Post
    One or more of your piston rings are leaking oil into the combustion chamber.
    The leak also goes the other way, exhaust gasses can get into the crank. The oil in the engine will get dirty prematurely and lead to increased wear & tear in the lower part of the engine including the crank shaft bearings. This can lead to expensive repairs or a need to replace the entire engine.

The carb has two jets, one is for idle and the other is when you step on the accelerator.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i'm not an expert proxy but i've experienced that last year. i asked expert tsikoteers about it and most of them said that a top overhaul is needed to fix the problem. as far as i can remember, the piston rings, gasket and valve seals were replaced, among others.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mostly what they do is replace valve seal, Cylinder head gasket, piston ring . Asinta valve para lumapat kung may singaw.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    thank you too all!!

mga sir patulung naman poh...