New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chekovsky View Post
    They actually just disconnected a plug that was usually attached to the rail assembly just under the engine cover..at least that's what the service manager said they did. As long as it is not plugged the engine won't die. So far i have driven it to more or less 80kph on C5 and it still runs fine. I just need a tachometer so I 'll be sure not to go above 3000rpms .
    Maybe that's the pressure regulator or the high pressure pump? Hmmm...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    They actually just disconnected a plug that was usually attached to the rail assembly just under the engine cover..at least that's what the service manager said they did. As long as it is not plugged the engine won't die. So far i have driven it to more or less 80kph on C5 and it still runs fine. I just need a tachometer so I 'll be sure not to go above 3000rpms .
    Please share with us information on the DTCs which were detected by Hyundai. I'd like to understand your problem as I also have a Matrix.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi what's the DTC ?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Diagnostic Trouble Code

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    The Service people from Hyundai Fort did not specify what were the DTCs They just said there were a lot of error codes and they deleted them. But before that ( when i had it checked in pasig hyundai) the error codes they mentioned was EGR valve . They recommended ECU replacement...Hyundai Fort only recommended to replace high pressure pump and rail assmbly. Also A/c switch and cluster (instrument panel). It has been more than a month and my Matrix is still running ok...FC is now 9k/L it used to be 11k/L .still ok pa naman.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    The Service people from Hyundai Fort did not specify what were the DTCs They just said there were a lot of error codes and they deleted them. The DTCs were inactive codes if they were deleted. An active DTC cannot be deleted unless it has first been fixed.

But before that ( when i had it checked in pasig hyundai) the error codes they mentioned was EGR valve. A faulty EGR can cause high FC.

They recommended ECU replacement...This is possible but I doubt it.

Hyundai Fort only recommended to replace high pressure pump and rail assembly. A faulty high pressure pump and rail will cause a no start condition.

Also A/c switch and cluster (instrument panel). Maybe.....

It has been more than a month and my Matrix is still running ok...FC is now 9k/L it used to be 11k/L....still ok pa naman. 9k/L is not ok. My Matrix averages 14k/L city.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    My Matrix is still running. I was able to bring it to Lipa city 2 weeks ago with a full load of people (5 pass) Fuel consumption a bit better. So far so good. Hopefully I can travel farther next time.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My Matrix is still running. I was able to bring it to Lipa city 2 weeks ago with a full load of people (5 pass) Fuel consumption a bit better. So far so good. Hopefully I can travel farther next time.
    No DTCs?

Top speed and power okay?

What's your fuel consumption?

I'm interested as I own a Matrix too, which I'm quite happy with.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    So far no DTCs

top speed is 100kph , I did not want to push it since Hyundai Global City guys said not to go above 3000 rpm , and since my tachometer does not work i played it safe.I use a GPS to track my speed.

Fuel consumption has gone up. I get 9-11km/liter instead of my 11-17 before Ondoy.

Power seems less than before, I miss the turbo kick i used to get when i accelerate.

At least it still works, I am generally happy with my Matrix, it is in a class of its own.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hello!

Can anybody refer me to where or How to fix the EGR for the matrix Crdi? I have an 05 matrix which runs pretty well except for the high FC, black smoke (failed emission test), and sulphuric exhaust smell aswel. The car's mileage is only 50Tkms.

tia!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Matrix Crdi smoke belching at 3k+ rpm