New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I am planning to have my car undergo a major tune up. May I hear your recommendations re the best place to have this done?

Salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MARC Caltex. :D But the station will be inservice upto January 12th only.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tune ups are not the same for every engine, make or model. There is no such thing as a generic 'tune up'. Check what needs to be done and tell the service station that it is what you want done.

Some places will under service your car because they do not know what service your engine requires at that age/mileage. The dealer on the other hand tends to OVER service it because they too use a generic list and the more services they can cram into your receipt, the bigger they can charge you. Always follow the service schedule in the owner's manual. Not the service schedule your dealer prescribes. Those are two different things in most cases (even in the U.S.).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the tips!

The problem is I don't have the service manual for my car. I don't know anyone with a '97 mazda 323 either so I am stuck with doing "generic" maitenance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You are in luck! Some of the posters here have the same model as yours, you could probably photo copy their manuals and save money.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit pa-scan mo na lang muna sa kanila yung pages on periodic maintenance then e-mail to you. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Great idea, guys. I'll try that. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    pass by the shop. we charge only 200 for the labor of a tune up and change oil. i can also have the brakes and suspension checked for free. no charge untill we actually change something on your carÜ

we carry castrol oils and NGK plugsÜ

Major Tune up