New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For registration na rin yung paje ko so I brought it to the Emission Testing. It failed. Black clouds of smoke in the back. The told me to bring it to a shop and have it looked at. I brought it to a calibration shop. 10 thou agad. Mga 4 hours work. (Should've brought it to Hanson na lang) They replaced delivery pump, nozzle tips, injector pump kit, oil seals. Palit ako fuel filter and air filter. They sprayed my tailpipe with water. Meron pa rin black smoke pero di na tulad dati. Sakit yata ito talaga ng 4D56 eh.
    Binaba namin idling ko to less than 1000. Siguro mga 850 to 900 yun sa gauge. Saka na lang daw namin ulit ibalik sa 1000 pag pasado na sa test.

Brought it to the ETC again, pasado na. They stuck this pointed thing into the tailpipe and floored the pedal. Passing raw for Turbo-equipped is 3.5 units opacity. For Non-turbo-equipped 2.5 units. Mine did 1.14 units. Now rehistro na lang. Sakit talaga sa bulsa oo!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka pwede nalang maglagay. i don't mean to be a bad guy but its the cheapest way to pass the test.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KCboy,

Even if you don't mean to, bad guy ka naman talaga, eh. Hehehe. :mrgreen: Sa pic pa lang sa signature mo, bad boy na bad boy na ang dating.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yikes! mahal yun mr pajero freak... if that's the only parts replaced.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mr Pajero freak,
    Did they step on your pedal to the metal? I mean did they "floor" it? According to the guidelines care of Doc D, the don't have to floor it down upon measuring...up to 3500rpm lang yata... :o

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dapat ung mismong owner ang tatapak sa gas para dahan-dahan lang..:?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    By Jan 1 of 2004 ibababa na sulfur content ng diesels natin from 0.20 to 0.05 as compliance to the Clean Air Act. Regarding sa flooring of the accelerator, siguro pag wala kang tach medyo problema ito.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They floored the pedal to the metal as if there were no tomorrow! Di ko naman alam na may rpm pang sinusunod. Masama ba sa makina yun? The testing center im referring to is Boher near the Mandaluyong City Hall sa may "circle". Kahit naman dun sa calibration shop naaawa rin ako sa makina ko e dahil halos mawalan na ng boses yung makina sa tapak sa gas pedal talo pa yung vocalist ng Metallica. Anu ba masamang epekto nito?

Nabasa ko nga pala sa 4x4 magazine yung may feature ng pajero history, for second-hand buyers of pajeros try to get the 2.8 or later models dahil the black smoke which is characteristic of 2.5's is one of the things they tried to correct. Mitsubishi pa ang umamin na sakit niya ito. Mukhang mahihirapan na talaga ako palagi nito magparehistro a. Pero talaga kayang wala na gaano usok ang 2.8?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PETC's should not:

1. Allow the owner to step on the accelerator during testing.

2. Floor the pedal to the metal also.

email a complaint to brtcp*dti.gov.ph if you want. they do answer.

Doc Diesel

10. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    pajero freak,

asar no? when you brought it back to the ETC again after the repairs, did they charge you another 300?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
LTO Emissions Test & Calibration