New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    The orig wasnt flex type. Sa pagkasabi nga ng mufflerland usually cat converter ang nakalagay dun sa pinaglagyan ng flex pipe which made me feel i was duped nung unang nagkabit ng flex pipe dahil cut lang sya at walang banggit kung ano yung tinanggal. I havent really verified though kng stock diesel innova really comes with a cat converter.

A part of me feels that this sensitivity to the so called low power issue is just that side of me who was looking forward to sell the innova and get an everest =)
    I wouldn't do it... unless you're direct swapping for a secondhand non-TDCi unit. Unless you drive through floods every month, an AUV is more practical.

-

You need to verify what the first shop did. As that might be the source of the lower power... but if it doesn't cause a check-engine light or cause you to fail emissions, I wouldn't worry about it.

-

If the desire to get an Eve is for the power... why not just modify your Innova? An intercooler upgrade and water-spray system should give you a lot of extra pep for not much more money. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I wouldn't do it... unless you're direct swapping for a secondhand non-TDCi unit. Unless you drive through floods every month, an AUV is more practical.
    nung nasabi sa akin ng unang toyota casa na possible problem with my unit was injectors... una agad naisip ko is dispose na lang yung innova (habang hindi pa gaano obvious yung low power)... especially if i can sell at a good price... granted na talagang ibenta siya... the standard then would be to still go diesel, with a high ground clearance... aside from AUV (adventure or crosswind), SUV na ang kasunod na category (everest, montero)... i particularly like the styling of the everest kahit na boxy sya... my wife preferred the montero... ang main concern is high ground clearance since I do a lot of driving ( to & from factory / house ) .. kapag maulan or bumaha, at least may panlaban...

-
    You need to verify what the first shop did. As that might be the source of the lower power... but if it doesn't cause a check-engine light or cause you to fail emissions, I wouldn't worry about it.
    madali naman puntahan yung unang shop na napuntahan ko.. but i doubt na they'd still remember me and the problem they fixed.. hindi ko na rin maalala yung itsura nung pinutol at tinanggal nya...

-
    If the desire to get an Eve is for the power... why not just modify your Innova? An intercooler upgrade and water-spray system should give you a lot of extra pep for not much more money. ;)
    this i am interested... who should i contact / talk to? =)

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Speedlab carries intercoolers, deals in devilsown alcohol injection and also installs Unichips. They also have contact with a guy who sells a cheaper tuning box (the VTECH Redchip) for CRDi engines (about 25k pesos only) which is plug and play. Not as flexible as the Unichip, and it's car specific, but it installs in less than an hour and is very easy to use.

If you have a feeling the injectors will be a pain... by all means... sell... An Everest isn't a bad choice in terms of CRDi engines... very robust system and a water-sealed ECU (though the instrument gauges are another matter...)... Best bang-for-the-buck would be a 2.5 MT. The 2.5 AT is pretty so-so... the 3.0 4x4 AT is great... but expensive. And Ford resale value really isn't that great... though that's been changing slowly over the past few years as they've built up a good rep with the Ranger and Eve. The Ranger, personally, is hands-down the CRDi truck to get if you love driving. Unfortunately, the rear seat is worse than pathetic...

The Montero is a lovely, lovely car... but not as tough as the Everest, from what I've seen and feedback about common issues. Still... if you're only going to hang onto it for a little while, the good looks and high value-for-money should give you pretty good resale value when it comes time to let it go.

But in terms of long-term maintenance, no high-pressure diesel system is perfect... let's just hope that the local fuel quality improves in the next two or three years, before you get any major problems.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    san po ba ang speedlab? iba yun sa speedyfix?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    san po ba ang speedlab? iba yun sa speedyfix?
    Yup. Speedlab is on Quezon Avenue, just across from a place called "Pegasus"...

They have a website, speedlab.com.ph.

They specialize mostly in modification and tuning, but they also do basic services.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Low Power can be caused by "bara" or a leak somewhere in the exhaust line?