New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys anybody knows where I can get a surplus ECU for a 97 pizza lancer? Nalubog kasi sa baha.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ECU's don't fail that easily even after being submerged. Disassemble the ECU, and thoroughly dry the interior and connector. You can use a hair dryer.

Have your vehicle scanned for faults. You have to be sure that the ECU is dead before buying a replacement.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Guys anybody knows where I can get a surplus ECU for a 97 pizza lancer? Nalubog kasi sa baha.

Thanks.
    have it check muna kung sira talaga. check for burned sections ng circuit board. kung wala naman, you can clean it with a electronic contact cleaner. and let it dry. then test kung working..

sa banawe, madami niyan pero beware since mataas ang demand ngayon, prices may sky rocket...

if you're considering repairing it, i recommend mang Jess sa banawe. i suggest you deal with him directly. lapit lang yung shop niya sa GIANT (yung warehouse na nasunog kamakailan lang..) HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks guys. They tried everything na daw and since they started the engine with the ECU still soaked in water and mud, I think it could be dead already.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Thanks guys. They tried everything na daw and since they started the engine with the ECU still soaked in water and mud, I think it could be dead already.
    If your check engine light is on, that's a good sign. It means that the ECU is working, and it is able to detect a fault/s. Do a scan first.

Lancer Pizza ECU